Alessandro Di Mario is a member of the antitrust, competition and trade regulation group. Alessandro is an international trade lawyer, specialized in market access issues; in that context, he has developed a broad experience, across a range of legal issues (regulatory; policy; litigation) and different industries.
Alessandro regularly provides legal assistance and support on competition law, trade law, WTO and internal market issues, UN and EU sanctions and restrictive measures, EU regulatory law, aviation law, food law, energy and telecommunications.
Prior to joining the firm, Alessandro was an of counsel at a Brussels law firm, where he focused on the legal issues related to the national implementation of EU directives in the energy sector.
Alessandro was also an associate in the Litigation and Regulatory Department at an international law firm in Italy, where he gained experience in Italian and EU regulatory law, constitutional law, litigation, and energy law.
Alessandro regularly contributes articles to professional journals and is the co-author of legal books.
In addition to the articles published on the firms' website, recent publications include:
- “Now screening: Europe,” Ragtrader, April 2018
- Di Mario A. – Guardans I. – Sparling S. C. – Wochner D. L. - O’Neill M., The European Commission Approves an Energy Security Package Emphasizing Infrastructure Development and LNG Imports, volume 16 number 5, Pratt’s Energy Law Report 2012, LexisNexis A.S. Pratt, 5 May 2016;
- Di Mario A. - Megregian S.S. - Carloni F. - Bruneau M., The E-Commerce Sector Inquiry: Can It Stop National Competition Authorities from Adopting an Overly Restrictive Approach?, in Journal of European Competition Law & Practice, July 2015;
- Di Mario A. - Torbøl P., First Ever State Aid Sector Investigation: Electricity Producers Targeted by the European Commission, in Journal of European Competition Law & Practice, June 2015;
- Di Mario A. - Gattinara G., The “Mediaset” judgment of the Court of Justice: remarks on its consequences on damages for breach of the standstill obligation (Case C- 69/13 Mediaset SpA v. Ministero dello Sviluppo Economico, Judgment of the Court of 13 February 2014), in Revue des Affaires Européennes (2014);
- Wilderspin M. - Di Mario A., Procedure in the United Kingdom, in Tosato G.L. and Bellodi L. (eds.), EU Competition Law (Volume I): Procedure: Antitrust - Merger -State Aid, Leuven, Claeys and Casteels, ISBN 9789077644195 (2014);
- Di Mario A., The Principle of Procedural Autonomy and the Principle of Effectiveness of the Judicial Protection in the recent ECJ case-law: The Issue of Jurisdictional Rules, in King's Student Law Review (KSLR) of the King's College, London, Spring 2012 issue (2012).