Ali Goudarzi is a patent agent in the firm’s Houston office. He is a member of the IP Procurement and Portfolio Management practice group.
Prior to joining the firm, Ali served as a technology licensing specialist at The University of Texas at Austin (UT Austin), where he managed a portfolio of technologies in a wide variety of disciplines in engineering, energy, environmental and renewable, software, mechanical systems, computer-implemented inventions, and physical sciences. Ali also advised faculties on patent filing strategy, prior art search, license agreements, and forming a startup around portfolio. During his time at UT Austin as a licensing specialist, Ali negotiated several patent license agreements (exclusive and non-exclusive) on behalf of the University with major corporations, as well as faculty startups. Ali also worked as a researcher and postdoc in several projects including enhance oil recovery methods for oil and gas reservoirs, conformance and mobility control using microgels, carbon capture and storage in offshore (Gulf of Mexico), and simulation study for CO2 leakage during storage.
- Member, Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
- Member, Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM)
- Co-author, 2019. “Statistical analysis of historic hydrocarbon production data from Gulf of Mexico oil and gas fields and application to dynamic capacity assessment in CO2 storage,” International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, 80: 96-102.
- Co-author, 2018. “Simulation and 4D seismic studies of pressure management and CO2 plume control by means of brine extraction and monitoring at the Devine Test Site, South Texas, USA” Greenhouse Gases: Science and Technology Journal, 8: 185-204.
- Co-author, 2017. “New laboratory study and transport model implementation of microgels for conformance and mobility control purposes,” Fuel Journal, 192: 158-168.
- Co-author, 2016. “A Chemical EOR Benchmark Study of Different Reservoir Simulators,” Journal of Computer and Geosciences, 94: 96-109.
- Co-author, 2015. “Surfactant oil recovery in fractured carbonates: Experiments and modeling of different matrix dimensions,” Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 125: 136-145.
- Co-author, 2015. “A laboratory and simulation study of preformed particle gels for water Conformance Control,” Fuel Journal, 140: 502-513.