Alissa Parisi is a partner in the firm’s corporate/M&A practice group and resides in the Washington, DC office. She advises clients on a full range of corporate, securities, governance, and compliance matters. She has significant experience in advising boards and executive management on complex business and operational matters, including in the areas of risk assessment, corporate governance, and alignment of corporate strategy to achieve corporate goals. She also acts as corporate counsel for companies, advising on a host of general corporate matters, including fiduciary duties, management transitions, relationships with shareholders and stakeholders, and effective approaches to the changing regulatory environment.
Alissa advises companies on compliance matters relating to the SEC, NYSE, Nasdaq, state regulators, and other authorities. Her compliance experience includes preparing SEC reports, advising with respect to the timing and substance of disclosure of material events, and counseling with respect to shareholder meetings and auditor independence issues.
Alissa also represents publicly and privately held entities in merger and acquisition transactions. She has broad experience in representing clients in the structure, negotiation, diligence, and documentation of transactions.
Alissa serves as the co-chair of the DC office Associate Development Committee and the Women in the Profession Committee.
Prior to joining the firm, Alissa served as the law clerk to the Honorable Harry L. Carrico, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Virginia.
- Elizabeth Seton High School - Board of Directors; Chair - Governance Committee
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation - DC Metro Chapter, Planning Committee
- American Bar Association - Business Law Section
- District of Columbia Bar Association - Corporation, Finance and Securities Law Section
- Virginia Bar Association - Business Law Section
Alissa speaks frequently on governance and compliance issues. She is a faculty member of Financial Poise and West LegalEd Center. Her more recent presentations include:
- Securities Law: An Overview, Financial Poise Webinar, 2018
- Private Offering Exemptions and Private Placements, Financial Pose Webinar, 2018
- Advanced Topics: Public Company Reporting, Financial Pose Webinar, 2018
- Executive Leadership Governance Academy, Women’s Business Enterprise National Council, Washington, DC, 2018
- Public Company Periodic Reporting Obligations, West LegalEd Center Webinar, 2017
- Securities Laws Made Simple, West LegalEd Center Webinar, 2017
- Securities 101, Corporate Practice Series, Washington, DC, 2016
- Private Offerings, Corporate Practice Series, Washington, DC, 2016
- Introduction to Securities Laws, Corporate Practice Series, Washington, DC, 2015
- Minimizing Risk and Liability as a Nonprofit Director, Center for Nonprofit Advancement Seminar, Washington, DC, 2014
- Introduction to SEC Filings, Corporate Practice Series, Washington, DC, 2013
- Due Diligence Workshop, Cross-Atlantic Academy, Washington, DC, 2012
- Road Map for Undertaking a Private Offering, The Practical Law Company, 2018
- Frequently Asked Questions About the Resale of Restricted Securities, ALI-CLE, Regulation D Offerings and Private Placements, 2018
- Securities Practice Guide, LexisNexis, Book (Contributing Author), 2017
- Limitations on the Manner of Offering Under Regulation D, ALI-CLE, Regulation D Offerings and Private Placements, 2016
- Communications During the “Offering Process” and Securities Offering Reform by SEC, ALI-ABA, Fundamentals of Securities Laws, 2012
- Notes on Deregistration of Securities Under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, ALI-ABA, Fundamentals of Securities Laws, 2010
- Some Background and Simple FAQs About Dutch Auctions and the Google IPO, ALI-ABA, Fundamentals of Securities Laws, 2008
- Questions and Answers About an Issuers Ability to Obtain Investors in Private Placements, ALI-ABA, Regulation D Offerings and Private Placements, 2006
- Some FAQs and Answers About Corporate Disclosure, ALI-ABA, Fundamentals of Securities Law, 2006
- Responsibilities of Public Companies and Their Officers, Directors and Principal Stockholders, ALI-ABA, Securities for Nonsecurities Lawyers, 2003
- Use and Compensation of “Finders” to Locate Purchasers in Private Placements, ALI-ABA, Regulation D Offerings and Private Placements, 2002
- Update on Regulation FD, Other Matters, Securities Law Commentary, 2000