Amy Eldridge is resident in the firm's Washington, D.C. office, and a member of the Investigations and Enforcement practice group. She concentrates her practice on defending securities and class action litigation, conducting internal investigations, and assisting clients in responding to investigations by law enforcement authorities – particularly those involving potential criminal liability, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, or other securities laws.
Amy defends individuals and entities against individual or class action suits alleging improper actions under the various securities laws including violations of Sections 11 and 12 of the Securities Act of 1933, Sections 10(b), 13(d), 17(a)(1)-(3), 20(a) and 20(b) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and Rule 10b-5 thereunder, and Section 36(b) of the Investment Company Act of 1940. She has also defended against suits arising from tender offers and those alleging that investment decisions violated the federal racketeering laws.
Amy also advises and represents corporate entities and individuals facing potential criminal or civil liability. She conducts internal investigations where necessary or prudent. Amy, who holds a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist credential, additionally advises and represents clients regarding issues arising from the Bank Secrecy Act, anti-money laundering laws, the Foreign Corruption Practices Act, and other anti-bribery laws. She conducts investigations for companies as needed, and works to address actual or potential concerns.
Additionally, Amy is counsel to corporate clients across U.S., providing advice for businesses engaged in a variety of industries, and further represents clients in general business litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Amy was an extern for the U.S. District Court of the Northern District of Ohio. She was a summer associate with the firm in 2007.
- Super Lawyers “Rising Star” (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- Corporate LiveWire – Global Awards 2016 (Class Action Litigation)
- Corporate LiveWire – Global Awards 2017 (Securities Lawyer of the Year)
- Corporate LiveWire – Global Awards 2018 (Securities Lawyer of the Year)
- D.C.’s Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll or High Honor Roll (2013, 2014, 2015)
- Adjunct Professor, Georgetown University School of Law, “Fraud and Fiduciary Duties Under the Federal Securities Laws” (2015-present)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist; Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists
- American Bar Association
- Women in White Collar Defense Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Co-Chair, Generous Associate’s Campaign to benefit the Legal Aid Society of Washington, D.C. (2009-present)
- Co-author, with Jeffrey Maletta and Nicholas Terris, “Securities,” Business and Commercial Litigation, (3d. ed. West) (2012-present).
- “Civil Liabilities,” Securities Practice Guide, eds. Massaro, L. and McMillan, M. (LexisNexis) (2009-present).
- Re-defining the Nation: Iran, 1979-2004. (Master’s Thesis)