Andrea Cunha is a partner in the Miami, Nashville and Austin offices and a member of the firm's Corporate, Mergers and Acquisitions, Emerging Growth and Venture Capital, Restructuring and Insolvency, and Health care and FDA practice Groups. Andrea has a broad array of experience in guiding high-growth companies from early stage to exit. She counsels founders, executives and boards of privately held companies on issues ranging from corporate structure and governance, raising capital, mergers and acquisitions, and a wide variety of commercial and corporate matters.
Andrea’s practice includes advising companies on health care transactions and regulatory compliance counseling, advising both buyers and sellers of health care technology companies, medical device manufacturers and distributers, durable medical equipment companies, physician practices, dental practices, hospitals, home health and hospice agencies, laboratories, telemedicine providers, skilled nursing facilities, long-term care facilities, and other ancillary health care providers. As an experienced restructuring lawyer, Andrea represents clients looking to purchase or sell distressed assets, both through out-of-court workouts and formal bankruptcy proceedings.
Andrea also acts as outside general counsel to clients and collaborates with lawyers throughout the firm to address clients' needs, both domestically and internationally. Given her varied background in corporate restructuring and commercial litigation and through serving as in-house general counsel to a regional health care system and a technology startup, Andrea is well-suited to understand the various issues high-growth companies face day-to-day and help them develop creative solutions.
Andrea also serves as a mentor to female startup founders guiding them through the early stages of their company formation and governance, capital raising, and investor relations.
Prior to joining the firm, Andrea served as a partner at the Austin office of a United States law firm, where she focused her practice on venture capital, health care, corporate and transactional matters. Andrea assisted companies in corporate structuring and governance, capital raises and investor relations, acquisitions and dispositions, corporate restructuring, business disputes, and healthcare regulatory compliance and licensing. Andrea has extensive health care experience from serving as general counsel for a regional health care system where she counseled on matters including raising capital and investor relations, corporate structure and governance, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, contract negotiations and management, regulatory compliance, corporate restructuring, and corporate finance.
- 21st Annual M&A Advisor Awards, Health Care/Life Sciences Deal of the Year (Between US$10MM-$100MM), 2021
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® for Health Care Law (2021-2022)
- Named to Florida Rising Stars list (2011-2014)
- Daily Business Review, Most Effective Lawyers Finalist (2013)
- Member, American Health Law Association
- Former Member, Advisory Board, Beam f/k/a Women@Austin
- Member, Travis County and American Bar Associations
- Member, Health Law Section of the American Bar Association
- Panelist, "Navigating D&O Fiduciary Duties in the Zone of Insolvency," Strafford CLE Webinar, 21 September 2022
- Texas Health Law Conference
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Planning Cash Flow in Health Care Bankruptcies
- Quoted, “The Evolving Landscape of Healthcare Bankruptcies And Private Equity’s Impact,” Healthcare Business Today, 10 June 2023
- "Sidley Leading Walgreens' $1.4B Shields Health Buyout," Law360, September 2022