Andrea Cunha is a partner in the Austin office and a member of the firm's health care and FDA practice Group. She concentrates her practice on health care transactions and regulatory compliance counseling, advising both buyers and sellers of physician practices, dental practices, hospitals, home health and hospice agencies, laboratories, telemedicine providers, skilled nursing facilities, long-term care facilities, and other ancillary health care providers. As an experienced restructuring attorney, Andrea represents clients looking to purchase or sell distressed assets, both through out-of-court workouts and formal bankruptcy proceedings.
Andrea also acts as outside general counsel to clients and collaborates with attorneys throughout the firm to address clients’ needs, both domestically and internationally. Given her varied background in corporate restructuring and commercial litigation and through serving as in-house General Counsel to a regional health care system and a technology startup, Andrea is well-suited to understand the various issues companies face day-to-day and help them develop creative solutions.
Prior to joining the firm, Andrea served as a partner at the Austin office of a United States law firm, where she focused her practice on healthcare, corporate and transactional matters. Andrea assisted companies in acquisitions and dispositions, corporate restructuring, business disputes, and healthcare regulatory compliance and licensing. Andrea has extensive healthcare experience from serving as general counsel for a regional healthcare system where she counseled on matters including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, contract negotiations and management, regulatory compliance, corporate restructuring, and corporate finance.
- The Best Lawyers in America, Health Care Law 2021-2022
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2011-2014
- Daily Business Review, Most Effective Lawyers Finalist, 2013
- Member, American Health Law Association
- Former Member, Advisory Board, Beam f/k/a Women@Austin
- Member, Travis County and American Bar Associations
- Member, Health Law Section of the American Bar Association
- Texas Health Law Conference
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Planning Cash Flow in Health Care Bankruptcies