Anne McCarthy is a partner in the Commercial Litigation practice group and is recommended by The Legal 500 for Dispute Resolution in both the Pensions and Banking practice areas. Her practice is primarily focused on city and institutional work, although she acts for several high net-worth individuals.
Her banking and insolvency work includes security disputes, recovery and tracing of assets, fraud claims, disputes over letters of credit, guarantee disputes, derivative products and general financial services disputes.
Anne also has a substantial negligence practice and has acted on some high profile claims both for and against professionals on a range of issues. These include valuation negligence claims against surveyors, claims against solicitors in connection with failure to take effective security and claims both for and against professionals in the pensions sector.
Clients include several foreign and secondary banks, offshore hedge funds, pension funds, trustees, insolvency professionals and foreign investment companies.
Anne became a partner at the firm in 1993, having qualified as a lawyer in September 1983 at an international law firm. She is a Solicitor Advocate, and a qualified mediator having mediated on professional negligence claims and regularly acts for clients involved in mediations.
Anne regularly lectures on alternative funding methods and after the event insurance and produces much of the firms UK materials on these topics.
- Association of Pensions Lawyers
- London Solicitors Litigation Association (Member)
- CEDR (Trained Mediator)
- Honorary Solicitor Wasps Rugby Football Club, a Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC).
- City of London Solicitors Company (member)
- Banking & financial services litigation Summer School (Ark group) 2009
- Banking & Professional Negligence (Bankers City Luncheon) 2010
- Pensions after the Credit Crunch (In conjunction with the PPF) 2009
- Pension Trustees and Dispute resolution (Pensions Chair & London Chamber of Commerce) 2009
- Valuation negligence (Finance & Banking Seminar K&L Gates) 2011
- Alternative Litigation Funding Solutions (Property & Finance Group) 2011