Barry Cosgrave is a practice group coordinator for the restructuring and insolvency practice and divides his time between our London and Dubai offices. Barry concentrates his practice on distressed debt and restructuring, debt capital markets, structured finance and Islamic finance. He advises on Middle East regulatory matters and is advisor to leading international banks, hedge funds, investment/asset managers and insurance companies on the full range of banking, funds, securities, broker-dealer and insurance regulation.
Prior to joining the firm, Barry was an associate in the London office of a multinational law firm where he concentrated his practice in financial matters.
- The International Who’s Who of Capital Markets Lawyers: Islamic Finance 2014 - present
- Law Society of England and Wales (member)
- Barry speaks at a number of seminars and round tables on Islamic Finance issues.
- In October 2018, Barry was a panelist at INSOL International’s one day seminar in Dubai discussing changes to Bankruptcy Laws in the Middle East.
- In June 2016, Barry was a panelist at Global ABS discussing the Capital Markets Union after Brexit.
- Common Professional Examination, Oxford Brookes University
- “How PE Sponsors Can Tailor Traditional PE Funds for Shari’a-Compliant Investors,” Private Equity Law Report, 1 October 2019
- Derivatives and hedging in Islamic Finance Islamic Finance News, June 2019
- “The Islamic Finance and Markets Law Review,” UK Chapter, Law Business Research Ltd, January 2017
- “Islamic Finance in the UK: recent developments building on strong foundations,” Islamic Finance News, August 2015
- “Developments and Opportunities for Shariah compliant family offices,” Islamic Finance News Annual Guide 2015, March 2015
- “Liquidity Management in Islamic Finance: opportunities and challenges,” Islamic Finance News, November 2014
- “Liquidity and Secondary Markets in Islamic Finance,” Islamic Finance News, June 2013