Bart Turner's practice is concentrated in the areas of engineering and construction law, commercial law and international law. Bart has extensive experience negotiating and drafting complex engineering, procurement and construction contracts. He has worked on some of the largest gas processing projects in the world, including LNG and GTL projects, as well as refining, power, and industrial projects in various locations, including Indonesia, Australia, Africa, Middle East and Europe, with many of these projects having a total constructed value in excess of several billion dollars. Bart also represents clients in large, complex renewable energy and infrastructure projects, including solar, wind, and medical facilities, commercial and residential multi-floor buildings. He has significant experience representing clients in developing contracting strategy, risk mitigation and navigating complex construction contracts under multiple project delivery systems, including complex lump-sum turnkey and hybrid structures. Bart has supported both modular-build and stick-build execution strategies. He has supported his client's legal and procurement functions in the development of project purchase orders, forming joint ventures, limited liability companies, teaming arrangements and strategic alliances. He has provided counsel on several multimillion dollar project-related claims and change order disputes.
Prior to joining the firm, Bart served as senior counsel at a Texas law firm, where he provided legal counsel to owners and contractors on construction related transaction, including complex EPC and EPCm transactions, FEED and pre-FEED transactions, construction related change orders and claims resolution, project risk management, lien and bond claims. He has over 18 years of experience working in-house with Fortune 500 companies and has represented one of the largest tier-one EPC Contractors for over 17 years practicing in the hydrocarbons, industrial and power sectors, many of these years as a legal officer of the company.
- American Bar Association, Forum on the Construction Industry
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Texas Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- Houston Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- “Concurrent Delay Claims on Large-Scale EPC projects,” presented at the 3rd Annual EPC Contract and Risk Management Conference, Houston, TX (2016).
- “The Impact the Current State of the Energy Industry is having on EPC Contracting,” presented at the 2nd Annual EPC Contract and Risk Management Conference, Houston, TX (2015).
- “Overcoming Obstacles in Managing Disputes that Arise during the Project Lifespan,” presented at the 1st Annual EPC Contract and Risk Management Conference, Houston, TX (2014).
- “Challenges in Executing Megaprojects in the U.S.” presented at the Construction SuperConference, Las Vegas, NV (2014).
- “Identification and Management of Risk on Large-Scale EPC Projects,” presented at the Construction SuperConference, San Francisco, CA (2013).
- “EPC Contracting – Is It as Easy as ABC,” presented at the Construction SuperConference, San Francisco, CA (2009).
- “Trials vs. Arbitrations (Domestic and International) for Construction Disputes” presented at the Construction SuperConference, San Francisco, California (2008)
- “Allocating Risk in Today’s Marketplace” presented at the Construction SuperConference, San Francisco, CA (2007).