In 2004, we opened our Beijing office to assist multinational clients with a broad spectrum of domestic and cross-border legal issues and to provide strategic counseling for clients regularly interfacing with Chinese regulators and governmental bodies.
Lawyers in our Beijing are fluent in English and Mandarin and have a deep understanding of Chinese markets, with sector experience in consumer products, energy, financial services, healthcare, higher education institutions, manufacturing, real estate, technology, and transportation and logistics.
Combined with our fully integrated global network, our lawyers in Beijing seamlessly advise:
- Multinational clients on their PRC inbound investments and operations, including antitrust and competition, asset management, intellectual property protection, labor and workplace safety, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital, and policy and regulatory-related issues;
- Chinese clients on their outbound investments and go-global initiatives, including the Belt & Road initiatives, accessing debt and equity capital markets, global compliance issues and audits, international arbitration and litigation, international trades and export controls, private and public mergers and acquisitions; and
- International nongovernmental organizations on their PRC-based philanthropic endeavors.
In 2020, we expanded our China-based Intellectual Property (IP) capabilities by launching the K&L Gates IP Agency in Beijing, which now allows us to file and prosecute trademark applications directly with the China National Intellectual Property Administration.
- Antitrust, Competition, and Trade Regulation
- Asset Management and Investment Funds
- Data Protection, Privacy, and Security
- Emerging Growth and Venture Capital
- Energy, Infrastructure, and Resources
- IP Litigation (including section 337 proceedings)
- IP Procurement and Portfolio Management
- Investigations, Enforcement and White Collar: Anti-bribery and Anti-corruption
- Labor, Employment, and Workplace Safety
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution (mediation and arbitration)
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Restructuring and Insolvency
- Policy and Regulatory
- Private Equity Transactions
- Real Estate
- Telecommunications, Media, and Technology
- The 2021 Chambers Asia-Pacific and Global Guides recognized the firm among leaders in China in the area of Corporate/M&A.
- The 2021 Legal 500 Asia Pacific Guide recognized the firm among leaders in China in the areas of Corporate/M&A and Intellectual Property.
- Three lawyers from the Beijing office have been named among the 2020 Best Lawyers in China©.