Ben Benson is an investment management lawyer with extensive domestic and international experience advising leading managers and other financial service providers in all aspects of fund formation, promotion, restructuring and termination matters.
Ben advises on financial services licensing and other operational and governance issues across a broad spectrum of local and offshore financial products and structures (with a particular focus on venture capital and private equity funds).
Ben's experience also includes advising on general corporate and commercial matters in the financial services industry including the sale and purchase of shares, joint ventures, corporate re-organisations, shareholder agreements and investor meetings.
Prior to joining the firm, Ben was a Partner in the Investment Management Group in a law firm based in the Cayman Islands. He was also previously a lawyer in the Funds Management and Financial Services group of an Australian commercial law firm.
- Recommended in Who's Who Legal 2020 for Private Funds and recognised for his 'deep expertise' in the area.
- 2015 Finance Monthly Global Awards – Investment Funds Lawyer of the Year – Cayman Islands.
- 2014 Finance Monthly Global Awards – Investment Funds Lawyer of the Year – Cayman Islands.
- Chapter 19: Establishing a PE Fund, Negotiated Acquisitions and Buyouts, Wolters Kluwer, December 2016
- “Opening up Australia's financial services industry,” Alternative Investment Management Association, October 2016
- Co-author of Practical Law Company's Private Equity in the Cayman Islands: Market and Regulatory Overview 2013 and 2014.
- Co-author of the Cayman Islands chapter of The Capital Guide to Canada's Hedge Fund Potential 2007.