Briana Swift is an associate at the firm’s Seattle office where she is a member of the employee benefits and executive compensation practice group. Briana has experience advising on ERISA and tax compliance issues as well as plan design, drafting, and administration. Briana’s experience includes working with tax-qualified and non-qualified employee benefit plans, health and welfare plans, and retirement plans. Briana also provides assistance related to benefits and compensation matters arising in mergers and acquisitions.
During law school, Briana served as a law clerk with the Federal Public Defender’s Office for the District of Oregon as well as a judicial extern for the Honorable Judge Michael Simon of the United States District Court for the District of Oregon and the Honorable Judge Mary Murguia of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Prior to joining the firm, Briana served as Presidential Management Fellow with the United States Department of Labor where she worked as an employee benefits investigator. During her fellowship, Briana also served as a visiting attorney with the Appellate Division of the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Oregon where she successfully argued a case before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Presidential Management Fellowship, U.S. Office of Personnel Management, 2016-2018
- Pro Bono Honors Award, Lewis & Clark Law School, 2015-2016
- Appellate Advocacy, Moot Court Team, Lewis & Clark Law School, 2014
- Public Honors Fellowship, Oregon State Bar, 2014
- Honors Appellate Brief, Legal Analysis and Writing, Lewis & Clark Law School, 2013
- Associate Editor, Animal Law Review, Lewis & Clark Law School, 2012-2014
- Board Member, Latino Law Society, Lewis & Clark Law School, 2012-2014
- Dean’s Scholarship, Lewis & Clark Law School, 2012-2015