Caitlin Conklin is an associate in the firm’s Newark office where she is a member of the finance/restructuring and insolvency practice group. Caitlin focuses on the representation of franchisors, creditors, and financial institutions in insolvency, work-out, and foreclosure proceedings. She also represented franchisors in the collection of unpaid franchise fees, negotiating the assumption or rejection of franchise agreements in bankruptcy, protecting intellectual property interests, bankruptcy litigation, and restructuring of debtor/creditor relationships between franchisee and franchisor.
Prior to joining the firm, Caitlin served as an associate for an entrepreneurial law firm. Previously, Caitlin was a law clerk for the Honorable Chief Judge Julie Manning of the United States Bankruptcy Court, District of Connecticut and for the Honorable Alan G. Lesnewich of the New Jersey State Court, Civil Division.
During law school, Caitlin interned with the Honorable Joseph A. Dickson of the United States District Court, District of New Jersey, the United States Bankruptcy Court, District of New Jersey, and was a law clerk in the insurance litigation group at an insurance solutions company.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® "One to Watch" for her work in Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2021-2023)
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation, Co-Director of Communications, New Jersey Network Board
- Manhattan Charter Schools, Chair, Board of Directors
- United States Bankruptcy Court of New Jersey Lawyers Advisory Committee, Member
- District VA Ethics Committee, Member (2022-2023)
- The College Woman’s Club of Westfield, Vice President
- “Landlord Issues in Bankruptcy (Presented by IWIRC-NJ),” New Jersey State Bar Association, June 2020
- “Today’s Mail: Notice of Bankruptcy – What In-house Counsel Need to Know,” Association of Corporate Counsel New Jersey, August 2019
- “Data Privacy in a Public World: The Impact of Data Privacy in Franchising” Franchise Law Journal, 2022
- “Friendly Foreclosure: A Non-Bankruptcy Alternative to Resolution of Franchise Defaults,” New Jersey Lawyer, February 2019
- “Creating Consistency: The Supreme Court’s Decision in Mission Products Holding, Inc. v. Tempnology, LLC,” Franchise Law Journal, 2019
- “Disability Status and Its Effect on Support: Does It Ever End?,” New Jersey Law Journal, 2015
- “Simply Inconsistent: Surrogacy Laws in the United States and the Pressing Need for Regulation,” 35 WOMEN’S RTS. L. REP. 67, Fall 2013