Caroline Carnegie is a partner in the Melbourne corporate & transactional group and focuses her practice on mergers, acquisitions and disposals, contract preparation and negotiation, asset sales and other transactional advice (including start-ups and shareholder arrangements), across a broad variety of industry sectors.
In addition to her vast range of experience in mergers and acquisitions, Caroline is also experienced in advising on distribution and logistics arrangements, and has a sports law practice which sees her act for organisations, including Cricket Australia, Melbourne Victory, Melbourne Rebels, Melbourne Renegades, North Melbourne Football Club, Netball Australia and others across a broad range of commercial matters (including but not limited to, participation arrangements, sponsorship agreements, venue hire arrangements and general corporate (and corporate governance) advice).
Caroline is also member of the firm's global (and local) Women in the Profession committees, on the Australian precedents committee, and a member of our Income Partner Advisory Committee.
Further, Caroline is an active member of the corporate pro bono team, and regularly provides advice to large not-for-profit and philanthropic organisations with a view to working hand in hand with them to provide corporate governance and ongoing general commercial advice. Caroline collaborates with clients in the M&A, corporate advisory, sports and philanthropic sectors in order to provide strategic commercial advice as a trusted advisor. She has provided pro bono support to many not-for-profit organisations including the Reach Foundation, Save the Children, FebFast, Youth Substance Abuse Service, St Vincent's Hospital Art Gallery, Hands Across the Water Australia and others.
Caroline is a Director and Company Secretary of the Melbourne Victory Football Club and is also a member of the Australian Football League Players Association (AFLPA) Accredited Agents Arbitration Panel. In early 2019, she joined the Women's Counsel of Football Federation Australia (FFA) and is on the working group for a new model of A League (soccer) in Australia (New Leagues Working Group (NLWG)) and has been advising on its recent commercial law endorsement.
Caroline's experience at the firm also includes a part time secondment to Synergy Plus (now part of Hyro Limited) and a full time secondment to National Foods (now part of Lion Pty Ltd).
- Best Lawyers in Australia, listed in Corporate Law (2020-present)
- Inaugural member of the K&L Gates Global Associate Liaison Committee, 2013
- Inaugural winner of the National Middletons Women's Achievement Award for Client Service Delivery, 2011
- Director and Company Secretary, Melbourne Victory Football Club
- Australian Football League Players Association (AFLPA) Accredited Agents Arbitration Panel member
- Football Federation Australian Women's Football Council, inaugural member and individual FFA member
- K&L Gates Global Women in the Profession Committee Member
- K&L Gates Australian Women in the Profession Committee Member
- K&L Gates Australian Precedents Committee Member
- CEO Advisory Board Committee Member – North Melbourne Football Club (2013-2014)
- President of the Heads of Coterie Association Inc (2011-2013)
- President Northerners, North Melbourne Football Club (2005-2012)
- Law Institute of Victoria member
- Australia and New Zealand Sports Law Association (ANZSLA) member
- Women on Boards member
- Pro bono support to many not-for-profit organisations including the Reach Foundation, Save the Children, FebFast, Youth Substance Abuse Service, St Vincent's Hospital Art Gallery, Hands Across the Water Australia and others