Cheryl Choice is an associate in the firm's Pittsburgh office. She is a member of the Real Estate practice group. Cheryl focuses her practice on all aspects of transactional real estate law, including acquisitions and dispositions, commercial leasing, real estate financing and development, and renewable energy matters. Cheryl has also worked on secondment with a large health care system, focusing on general contracting as well as complex regulatory matters.
Cheryl was the first person selected as a Pitt Law / K&L Gates Legal Fellow and has been active with the firm’s diversity and inclusion matters, as well as the firm’s pro bono work.
Previously, Cheryl spent two summers as a summer associate for the firm where she worked in a variety of practice areas including the firm’s real estate, trusts and estates, and non-profit tax groups. While in law school, Cheryl also interned with a large hospital system and the Allegheny County Office of Conflict Counsel and served as a teaching assistant for the University of Pittsburgh School of Law’s Health Care Compliance Certificate Program. Prior to her career in law, Cheryl worked in HIV/AIDS research and was a special education teacher.
- K&L Gates Diversity Fellowship
- Thomas M. Cooley, II, Legal Writing Award
- Wilder Mahood McKinley & Oglesby Family Law Award
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law Pro Bono Service Recognition Award
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards
- Phi Beta Kappa of Greater Pittsburgh (President) (2017 – Present)