Christopher Tillson is a corporate lawyer dedicated to providing companies and investors with the business and legal advice necessary to achieve their most ambitious objectives. He is an expert in the area of commercial transactions, advising companies with respect to the documentation and negotiation of the purchase and sale of products and services throughout all stages of the global supply chain.
Christopher’s experience is vast in scope, having represented companies at all stages of growth, from startup to multinational Fortune 500 companies with global operations, and including numerous sectors of the global economy, including consumer goods, consumer services, energy, financials, industrials, information technology, and telecommunications. Many of his corporate clients are active participants in the global supply chain, from manufacturers and suppliers, to distributors and direct retailers.
Christopher has negotiated and documented transactions in over 50 countries throughout the regions of Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. In addition, Christopher counsels individuals and family offices as they acquire and accumulate assets, manage their businesses and investments, and seek to preserve and protect their wealth. He has particular expertise in the region of Latin America, having lived and studied in the region, and having worked throughout the region for most of his career.
Christopher drafts and negotiates in fluent Spanish and is proficient in Portuguese, a strategic advantage which, when combined with his cultural knowledge and experience, positions him well to advise on both the inbound and outbound sides of transactions and investments involving Latin America and the United States.
Christopher has been with K&L Gates since 2005 and was promoted to Partner in 2012.
- 2012 Honoree, 40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of Miami-Dade County, benefitting the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Member of Latin America practice group recognized by Chambers and Partners, Corporate/M&A: Latin America-wide
- Florida SuperLawyer Rising Star 2009
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce
- Venezuelan-American Chamber of Commerce
- Chile-US Chamber of Commerce
- Bolivian-American Chamber of Commerce, Chair, Miami Chapter
- UCLA Bruins of South Florida, Co-Founder
- Georgetown University Alumni Club of Miami
- Ex-Alumnos de la Universidad Iberoamericana en Miami, Co-Founder
- The Florida Bar, International Law Section
- Fundación Manos del Sur
- Host, Smart Immigration Strategies for Latin American Investors, Miami, June 28, 2018.
- Chairperson, Mexican International Renewable Energy Congress (MIREC), Mexico City, May 28-29, 2014, providing opening remarks to conference attendees, introducing conference’s keynote speaker, Senator David Penchyna Grub, Director of the Energy Commission of Mexico, and moderating a panel on Renewable Projects for Private Off-Takers in Mexico.
- Host and Moderator, Bolivian Trade Mission 2009, co-sponsored by the Bolivian-American Chamber of Commerce, AeroSur, the Visit USA Committee and the U.S. Embassy in Bolivia.
- Host and Moderator, Bolivian Trade Mission 2012, co-sponsored by the Bolivian-American Chamber of Commerce, the American Chamber of Commerce in Bolivia and the Chamber of Exporters of Santa Cruz, Bolivia (CADEX).
Quoted, “Mexico Has a New President: What Does that Mean for Latin American-Focused Lawyers?”, Daily Business Review, January 4, 2019
- Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico City (1995)