David Bronner represents private companies including private equity funds, emerging growth companies and family-owned businesses, as well as public companies, in significant transactions and business strategy. His counsel to clients primarily relates to mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital, securities, and general corporate law.
David represents companies of all sizes in mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt financings, industry consolidations and venture capital and private equity transactions. His work includes advising management groups in starting new businesses and growing their established companies. He also represents venture capital and private equity funds on all stages of their investments.
David advises entrepreneurs on a broad range of general corporate and business counseling matters. Given his extensive experience advising executives and representing their businesses, he is called upon to serve as an expert witness in high-profile corporate law cases in the U.S. and internationally.
David was previously a partner in the Chicago office of a large national law firm.
David has been recognized by Illinois Super Lawyers - Mergers & Acquisitions, and by Illinois Leading Lawyers – Corporate Finance Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, and Securities and Venture Finance Law.
- American Bar Association Business Law Section’s Sub-Committee of the Committee on Negotiated Acquisitions (now the Committee on Mergers and Acquisitions); former co-chair when Sub-Committee published the Model Stock Purchase Agreement and Commentary, a highly regarded source for mergers and acquisitions lawyers
- ABA Ad-Hoc Committee on Industry Consolidations and Roll-Ups, former chairman
- Committee on Negotiated Acquisitions for the ABA’s Business Law Section, vice chair
- ABA’s Public Company Task Force (which published the Model Merger Agreement and Commentary), active member
- Board of Overseers for the Faculty of Arts and Sciences at New York University, former member (20 years)
- University of Chicago Law School Council member
- Ernst & Young LLP’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award, judge (3 years) and chief judge (1 year)
- Community vocational service agency, former member of board of directors (and executive committee) (10 years)
- Chicago philanthropic organizations, member of several boards of directors
- Lectures regularly on mergers and acquisitions for the American Bar Association and the University of Chicago Law School.
- Moderator and speaker, Mid-Market Healthcare M&A & Corporate Development Conference, Nashville, Tennessee.
- Participated in national satellite programs on mergers and acquisitions and programs of the National Institute of Negotiating Business Acquisitions, sponsored by the American Bar Association.
- Chair, 9th Annual Negotiating and Drafting Business Agreements: Bulletproofing Your Documents, Chicago (and each of the prior eight years), sponsored by Insight Information Company.
- Served as moderator of mergers and acquisitions presentations of Fulcrum Information Services program on mergers and acquisitions.
- Addressed the Association of American Equipment Lessors and the Illinois Certified Public Accountants Association.