Dennis Kiely is partner in the New York office and focuses on the acquisition, disposition, financing, joint venturing, leasing and development of domestic and international real estate interests. His clients include U.S. and non-U.S. corporations, funds, real estate investment trusts, insurance companies, commercial and investment banks, non-bank lenders and private developers. Dennis has expertise in debt and equity transactions in the hospitality, office, retail, multifamily, industrial, telecommunications, sports and specialty real estate sectors. He has advised clients on the structuring, formation and governance of real estate funds and joint ventures and the real property aspects of real estate transactions. His financing work includes secured and unsecured, traditional and securitized debt and preferred equity transactions. Dennis also has experience with distressed situations, workouts, foreclosures and the arbitration and litigation of real property disputes.
Prior to joining the firm, Dennis was counsel at an international law firm in New York.
- Urban Land Institute, Full Sustaining Member
- New York State Bar Association, Real Property Law Section
- American Bar Association, Section of Real Property, Trust & Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate Finance Council (CREFC)
- "We Can Work It Out – A Pre-Negotiation Letter Agreement Primer," ABA RPTE eReport 2020 Fall Issue, 4 December 2020
- “Hunger Games: How Competing HVCRE Policy Proposals May Affect Competition Between Banks and Non-Bank Lenders,” CRE Finance World, 8 January 2018
- “Sale-Leasebacks Gain in Popularity as Financing Option,” New York Law Journal, June 2003