Edgar Mkrtchian is a member of the investment management, hedge funds and alternative investments practice group.
Prior to joining the firm, Edgar served as an advisor at the Department of the Treasury and as a special advisor at the Department of Commerce. He was previously a summer associate at K&L Gates where he assisted asset management firms and financial services companies with transactional and regulatory matters. Edgar was an extern at the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. In addition, he was a judicial extern for the Honorable Robert E. Bacharach for the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit and a summer intern for the Honorable Lisa G. Wood for the United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia.
- New York State Bar Association
- “International Supply Issues for Project Development,” American Bar Association Business Law Section Annual Meeting, 14 September 2019
- “Deploying Weapons of Financial Mass Destruction: Derivatives and Irish Sovereign Debt,” Trinity College Dublin Colloquium, February 2013
- “CFTC Regulatory and Enforcement Report: 2019 Activity and Outlook,” The Investment Lawyer, January 2020
- “Can a 36-page Standard Contract Avert a Looming Debt Crisis in China?,” Oxford Law Society Verdict Magazine, May 2012