Edouard Vitry, a partner in the firm’s Paris office, has more than 25 years of experience in real estate. He advises on all commercial real estate matters, with a particular focus on investment, finance, construction, real estate development and commercial leases. He has experience in all types of real estate work including due diligence, sale and purchase process, securitisation, drafting and negotiating contracts and leases, property disputes and ADR.
Edouard acts for international and French clients including real estate funds, asset managers, developers, banks, builders, real estate companies, landlords, occupiers and insurance companies.
Before joining K&L Gates LLP, Edouard was partner in a British law firm where he headed their real estate group after spending 12 years with major French and British law firms.
- Ranking “real estate” of the magazine Décideurs Stratégie Finance Droit, since 2008
- Band 3 (Strong reputation): Real estate Investment
- Band 3 (Strong reputation): Real estate finance
- Band 3 (Strong reputation): Leases
- Band 4 (Well-known expertness): Real estate structuring
- Band 5 (High-quality expertness): Real estate development
- Chambers Europe (since 2014): Ranked Recognised Practitioner
- Legal 500 EMEA since 2009:
- Band 4: “real estate ”
- “The team has ‘excellent mastering of skills and knowledge’. Edouard Vitry leads an ‘always reactive team’; ‘straight forward’ and delivering ‘outstanding work’. The expertise has in-depth capabilities in investment, finance and tax .”
- PLC Which Lawyer? 2010
- “Recognised” in the “real estate” category.
- Selected by the Legal Media Group Guide to the World’s Leading Experts in real estate (among the 35 practitioners selected for France in 2017).
- International Law Office (ILO) Client Choice Awards 2011: Real estate team of the year – France
- ACQ Magazine Awards 2012: Real estate team of the year – France
- Corporate Live Wire: Real Estate Law Firm of the Year - France 2016
- Corporate INTL Global Magazine: Real Estate Lawyer of the Year in France, 2017
- Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- RICS Accredited Mediator (Since 2014)
- RICS France - Board member (2014 - 2019)
- Chairman of the dispute resolution professional group of RICS France
- Past-President of AJEDIM ASSAS (Association des Juristes et Etudiants en Droit Immobilier de Paris II Assas - Real Estate Lawyers Alumni Association)
- Vice-President of the Club des Clubs Immobiliers (alumni association)
- Teacher in real estate at the Paris Bar School
- Professor in real estate at CNAM/ICH
- Member of ULI (Urban Land Institute)
Edouard has held real estate conferences in France and abroad. He also has written numerous articles on real estate.