Ed Mikolinski focuses his practice on complex civil litigation in the areas of antitrust, intellectual property, and financial services. Ed’s antitrust experience includes representing and advising a host of clients from small clothing manufacturers to multinational technology companies in pricing, distribution, and gray market matters.
His intellectual property experience includes protecting clients’ trademarks and copyrights in order to establish and promote brand equity. Ed has represented numerous electronics, automotive, and luxury manufacturers with emphasis on internet-based issues including search, domain names, digital sales, and actions arising under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
In the financial services industry, Ed has defended national banks, mortgage lenders, and loan servicers against contract and tort actions. His experience also includes defending clients in disputes arising under various federal statutes including the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act and the Truth in Lending Act.
Prior to joining K&L Gates, Ed was an associate at a national law firm where he was also a summer associate.
Ed is a former U.S. Army officer, having served with the 82nd Airborne Division including a combat tour in Afghanistan.
- Listed in the “Ones to Watch” section, The Best Lawyers in America©, 2021
- Burlington Zoning Board of Appeals, Member (2014-2017)
- Boston Bar Association, Veterans & Servicemembers Law Forum, Member (2015-present)
- Burlington Youth Soccer, Coach (2017-2019)
- Burlington Swim & Tennis Club (501(c)(3) non-profit), Director (2019-present)
- “What To Expect From 7th Circ. In Robinson-Patman Case,” Law360, 16 March 2016
- "Covid-19: Federal Judge Rules CDC Not Authorized to Issue Nationwide Eviction Moratorium,” American Bar Assocation - Real Property, Trust and Estate Law eReport 2021 Spring Issue