Eric Yoon is a partner resident in the firm’s New York and Seoul offices. He focuses his practice in cross-border M&A, financing, investments, and banking and financial services regulation. Over the past 25 years, he has represented major multinational corporations, financial institutions, and foreign sovereign entities in the regulatory and transactional aspects of their geographic and product-line expansions as well as strategic divestitures.
His industry sector focuses over the years have included banking and financial services, construction, telecom, and energy. Eric also counsels his corporate and financial services clients on prevention and management of disputes, both with private-sector parties and governmental entities.
Until 2010, Eric headed the Korean practice of another global law firm.
- Board member, Open Hands Legal Services, Inc.
- Board member, The Parkside School
- Planning For A Potential Dodd-Frank Revamp Post-SVB, Law360, May 2023
- Regulatory Due Diligence Considerations in U.S. Bank M&A Transactions Checklist, A Practical Guidance® Checklist by Eric S. Yoon, K&L Gates LLP, Practical Guidance, 2023
- Volcker Rule, Practical Guidance, 2020
- Restrictions on Bank Affiliate Transactions, Lexis Practice Advisor, 2018