Erika Shinpaugh advises clients on a wide variety of real estate-related matters, such as development and construction, acquisitions, dispositions, financing, and leasing in connection with local, national, and international transactions and projects. Erika’s practice includes representing property owners, investors, developers, lenders, and borrowers in the acquisition and disposition of office buildings, malls, retail stores, agricultural land, multifamily housing communities, and senior housing properties, drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, and preparing covenants, easements, loan agreements, and ancillary documents. Erika also has a broad range of experience in commercial leasing, including traditional office, serviced office, retail, industrial, solar energy, wind energy, and ground leasing, and related documentation and negotiation.
Prior to joining the firm, Erika served as an associate at a Seattle law firm where she advised financial institutions and private lenders in connection with commercial lending transactions, with an emphasis on construction loans, C&I financing transactions involving complex collateral, and loan syndications and participations. She also advised clients on a variety of real estate-related matters including acquisition, disposition, and leasing of real property, and forming partnerships and limited liability companies for real estate investment and development. Erika also served as a semester-in-practice law clerk to United States Chief Magistrate Judge, Candy W. Dale, of the United States District Court for the District of Idaho.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® "Ones to Watch," 2021-2023
- Recognized as a Rising Star by Washington Super Lawyers, 2017-2021
- Named on the Top Women Attorneys List in Washington Super Lawyers, 2017-2021
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, King County Bar Association
- “Practical and Legal Strategies for Selling a Home During the Divorce Process,” King County Bar Association, co-presenter, 2018
- “Real Estate Forms Update” for clock-hour credit, Windermere Real Estate, co-presenter, 2015
- Pre-Licensing Real Estate Class, Windermere Real Estate, co-presenter, 2015
- “The Fair Housing Act,” Master Builders Association of King County, co-presenter, 2015
- Author, “Ask a Legal Professional: Cross-Collateralization and Cross-Default Clauses in Commercial Loan Documents,” Puget Sound Business Journal, 2019