Eugene Pridgen previously served as Managing Partner, United States, for the firm and as a member of the firm's Management Committee. He focused his practice on mergers and acquisitions, corporate law and international transactions. He served as primary outside counsel to private and public companies and has represented clients in numerous merger and acquisition and other corporate transactions. Eugene served as President of the North Carolina Bar Association in 2010-2011.
Eugene was a Captain in the United States Army, serving from 1969-1973. From 1997-1999, he served as Executive Vice President and General Counsel of Glenayre Technologies, Inc.
- Best Lawyers in America, 2016 Lawyer of the Year, Corporate Compliance Law - Charlotte
- Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Governance Law, Corporate Compliance Law, Corporate Law and Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2005-2017.
- Best Lawyers in America, 2014 Lawyer of the Year, Corporate Compliance Law - Charlotte
- Best Lawyers in America, 2011 Lawyer of the Year, Corporate Law - Charlotte
- Selected to the North Carolina Super Lawyers list, Business/Corporate Law, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2007-2015 Legal Elite, Business North Carolina Magazine, Business Law, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Judson D. DeRamus Award for Outstanding Alumni Service, Wake Forest University Graduate School of Management
- Silver Beaver Award, Boy Scouts of America
- American Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- North Carolina Bar Association, President, 2010-2011; President Elect, 2009-2010; Board of Governors, 2003-2006; Citizen Lawyer Task Force, Chair, 2007-2009; Strategic Planning and Emerging Trends Committee, Member, 2001-2004; Development Committee, Chair, 1994-1997
- Boy Scouts of America, Mecklenburg County Council, Executive Board, 1999-present; Attorney to Council, 2001-2003; Executive Committee, 2001-2011;
Vice President, Finance, 2003-2006; President-Elect, 2006-2007; President, 2007-2009
- United Way of Central Carolinas, Board of Directors, 2004-2009; Regional Campaign Chair, 2009
- Father’s Day Council, 2006-2010
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Board of Visitors, 1996-2007, 2009-2012; Vice Chair, 2003-2004; Chair-Elect, 2004-2005; Chair, 2005-2007
- Center for Law and the Humanities, Board of Directors, 2007-2008
- Wake Forest Charlotte Executive Board, 2013-present
- “Professionalism,” keynote speech, Chief Justice’s Professionalism Program, Charlotte School of Law, August 2011
- “Professionalism,” presentation, Campbell University School of Law, November 2010