Evelyn Norton is admitted to practice in South Carolina. She is not currently admitted in North Carolina.
Evelyn A. Norton is an associate at the firm’s Raleigh office where she is a member of the Labor, Employment, and Workplace Safety practice group. Evelyn focuses her practice on representing companies across industries in various employment-related legal issues and was recognized in the 2022 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Ones To Watch” list in the areas of Labor and Employment Law – Management and Litigation - Labor and Employment. She was recognized in the 2021 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® "Ones To Watch” list in the area of Litigation - Labor and Employment.
Prior to joining the firm, Evelyn was a lawyer at one of the largest labor and employment law firms in the nation where she was a member of the employment law, litigation, technology, and affirmative action and OFCCP compliance practice groups. Her work included advice and counsel as well as litigation roles representing private employers at the administrative, state, and federal level. She has experience providing compliance guidance in the practice areas of background checks, affirmative action plans and OFCCP issues, unemployment benefits, and COVID-19 state and local orders. She also has extensive first-chair experience in workers’ compensation defense litigation with an emphasis on appellate work before the Supreme Court and Court of Appeals of South Carolina.
Prior to private practice, Evelyn served as a judicial intern to The Honorable Thomas C. Wheeler at the United States Court of Federal Claims in Washington, D.C. She graduated from Washington and Lee University, cum laude, with a degree in Journalism and Wake Forest University School of Law, cum laude. During law school, Evelyn served as an Editor of the Wake Forest Law Review, a Staff Author of the Wake Forest Law Review Fourth Circuit Blog, and a Board Member of the Wake Forest Moot Court Board. She attended Wake Forest on academic scholarship and received awards for earning the highest grades in evidence, professional responsibility, sales and secured transactions, and funeral and cemetery law.
- 2022 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Labor and Employment Law – Management
- 2022 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Litigation - Labor and Employment
- 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Litigation - Labor and Employment
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards for Highest Grades in Evidence, Sales and Secured Transactions, Professional Responsibility, and Funeral and Cemetery Law
- Scholastic Honors List
- Edwin M. Stanley Moot Court Competition: Runner Up, Best Brief
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- National Association of Women Lawyers (NAWL)
- Triangle Off-Road Cyclists (TORC)
- Southern Off-Road Bicycle Association (SORBA)
- International Mountain Biking Association (IMBA)
- North Carolina Dressage & Combined Training Association (NCDCTA)
- United States Dressage Federation (USDF)
- Hearings: Practice and Procedure, National Business Institute Seminar, February 2019
- South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Legal Update, South Carolina Employers’ Advocacy Association Annual Meeting, November 2018
- Many Federal Contractors Required to Increase Minimum Wage for Workers By 2022: Highlights of the Biden Administration’s New Executive Order, National Law Review, 28 April 2021