Giovanni Meschia is a partner in the firm’s Milan office where he is a member of the Investment Management practice group. His practice focuses on transactional private equity and fund formation across a wide variety of industry sectors.
Giovanni assists domestic and international fund managers in structuring and setting up private equity, private debt, real estate and venture capital alternative investment schemes, including corporate and contractual structures, funds of funds, and parallel funds, and related carried interest vehicles and arrangements. He also advises them on the legal and regulatory framework of their day-to-day activities.
In addition, Giovanni assists sponsors and institutional investors in their investments in alternative investment schemes in both primary and secondary markets, as well as in performing co-investment transactions alongside the funds they are invested in.
Giovanni also has extensive experience in domestic and cross-border private equity transactions, assisting funds in the structuring, negotiation, and execution of their investment and divestment transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Giovanni practiced with prominent Italian and International law firms in Milan.
- Ranked by Chambers & Partners Europe for Private Equity: Fund formation (2022)
- Ranked by Legal 500 EMEA for Fund Formation (2022, 2021, 2020) and as “Leading Individual” in 2022
- December 1, 2020 - Giovanni Meschia participated as speaker at the "2020 Global Asset Management and Investment Funds Conference".
- “Direct Lending by Alternative Investment Funds: The Italian Regulatory and Tax Framework,” Issue: Derivatives & Financial Instruments, 2017 (Volume 19), No. 3, 15 June 2017
- Mentioned, "Kairos enters venture capital with K&L Gates. The first two investments," LegalCommunity.it, 10 May 2022
- Articles in NT+ Diritto (Italy), LegalCommunity.it (Italy), and The Global Legal Chronicle (Italy) note Milan partner Giovanni Meschia and associates Rodolfo Margaria and Marcella Gigante advised The Techshop SGR SpA in the first closing of their venture capital fund, March 2022.
- Mentioned, "K&L Gates together with The Techshop in the first closing of their venture capital fund," NT+ Diritto (Italy), LegalCommunity.it (Italy), and The Global Legal Chronicle (Italy), 14 March 2022.
- An NTPlusDiritto.it (Italy) article notes Milan partner Giovanni Meschia and associate Marcella Gigante are advising on a European Investment Fund.