Greg Wright concentrates his practice in commercial litigation, with an emphasis on representing corporate policyholders attempting to recover from their insurers. He has represented corporate policyholders in coverage litigation or disputes involving a wide array of claims, including directors’ and officers’ liabilities, E&O claims, securities class actions, derivative lawsuits, SEC investigations, consumer protection class actions, breach of fiduciary duty claims, first-party losses and business interruption claims arising from major hurricanes, environmental liabilities, asbestos liabilities, property damage claims arising from fires, and employment claims. Greg has represented many policyholders in the financial services area, including banks, investment advisers, mutual funds, hedge funds, and fund directors. He also has represented clients in many other industries, including telecom, chemical production, waste management, energy, and manufacturing. He regularly counsels clients in the claims process, seeking to resolve disputes with insurers prior to litigation and through mediation. He also regularly represents clients in the pursuit of claims against domestic and foreign insolvent insurers. He also regularly counsels clients concerning the purchase and negotiation of commercial insurance policies.
Greg has been a partner with the firm since 2002 and an associate with the firm since 1994.
- Co-Chair of D&O Subcommittee of American Bar Association Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee, 2015 to present
- American Bar Association Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee (Former Co-chair of Emerging Issues Subcommittee)
- “Evolving Case Law on Insurance Coverage for Social Engineering Losses,” 2019 Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee CLE Seminar, Tucson, AZ, March 1, 2019.
- “Insurance Considerations for Advisers and Fund Managers,” ACA Compliance Group’s Spring 2017 Conference, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, May 3, 2017.
- “Current Issues Related to D&O and E&O Insurance,” Gregory S. Wright and Geoffrey B. Fehling, Insurance Coverage CLE, September 7, 2016.
- “Breach - What to Do When Things Go Wrong and Cybersecurity Insurance Coverage,” K&L Gates Investment Adviser Association webinar, Chicago, IL, June 11, 2015.
- “Issues Arising from SEC Investigations of Private Fund Managers: How to Prepare for an Investigation and How to Maximize the Odds of Obtaining Insurance Coverage,” K&L Gates webinar, Washington, D.C., May 2, 2013.
“Negotiating Coverage-in-Place Agreements,” presented at the HB Asbestos Insurance Litigation Conference, Philadelphia, PA, April 21, 2010.
“Insurance Coverage and the Subprime Mortgage Crisis,” K&L Gates webinar in Los Angeles, CA and Washington, D.C., co-presented with Steven M. Kaplan, Philip H. Hecht, and David P. Schack, October 5, 2007.
“The Pursuit of Claims Against Insolvent London Market Insurers Under Schemes of Arrangement: Trends and Traps for the Unwary,” presented at the Fourth Equitas Claims and Insolvency Roundtable, March 2, 2004.
“Insurance Claims For Y2K Damages - Litigating the Y2K Insurance Claim : Are Y2K Claims Different,” presented at Fulcrum Y2K Conference, Washington, D.C., October 18-19, 1999 (co-authored with Matthew L. Jacobs); and San Francisco, CA, November 8-9, 1999.
“Effective Regulation of Landfills: What We Can Learn from the Mistakes and Successes of the U.S. System,” presented at Eurowaste Conference, Sardinia, April 1999 (co-authored with David T. Case).
Y2K Litigation,Greater Washington Board of Trade, Gregory S. Wright, December 1, 1998.
“Insurance Coverage for Year 2000 Remedial Costs and Liabilities,” presented at NASBA’s The Year 2000 Problem in California, November 12, 1998.
“Insurance Coverage for Tobacco and Tobacco-Related Liability: An Analysis of the Insurer’s Defenses Under CGL Policies,” presented at the Insight Conference on New Rules for Tobacco Litigation, October 6-7, 1997, New York, New York (co-authored with Matthew L. Jacobs).
- “Breach - What to Do When Things Go Wrong and Cybersecurity Insurance Coverage,” by Mark C. Amorosi, Andras P. Teleki, and Greg Wright, K&L Gates and Investment Adviser Association, June 11, 2015.
- “Insurance Coverage Considerations for SEC Investigations and Proceedings,” by Matthew L. Jacobs, Gregory S. Wright, Julia R. Johnson, and Mari C; Spears, appearing in Securities Enforcement Manual (2d Ed.)(ABA 2007).
- The Pursuit of Insurance Coverage for Corporate Fiduciary Claims: An Analysis of Potential Insurer Defenses and Underwriting Trends, Coverage, by Gregory S. Wright, Mari C. Spears, March/April 2006.
- How to Handle Insurance Coverage for Mold-Related Claims Under First-Party Policies, Community Banker, by Gregory S. Wright, A. Thomas Morris, August 2002.
- “Insurance Coverage for Mold-Related Claims: A Critical Analysis of Potential Insurer Defenses Under Third-Party and First-Party Policies,” Harris Martin Columns Magazine, June 2002 (co-authored with A. Thomas Morris).
- Reliance Insurance Company Ordered Into Rehabilitation, K&L Alert - Insurance Coverage, Gregory S. Wright and Jon M. Talotta, July 2001.
- "Effective Regulation of Landfills: Lessons from the Mistakes and Successes of the U.S. System," published in Environmental Impact, Aftercare and Remediation of Landfills, Vol. IV, Sardinia ’99 Seventh Waste Management and Landfill Symposium, S. Margherita di Pula, Cagliari, Italy, October 4-8, 1999
- Year 2000 Problem Implicates Significant Issues for Insurance Coverages, Securities Enforcement & Litigation Update, by Gregory S. Wright, Matthew L. Jacobs, Spring 1998.
- “The Tobacco Wars: An Analysis of the Insurer’s Defenses under CGL Policies,” appearing in ABA, Tort and Insurance Practice Section, Tobacco Litigation and Insurance, 1997 (co-authored with Matthew L. Jacobs).
- "Now You See It, Now You Don’t,” Legal Times, Matthew L. Jacobs and Gregory S. Wright, March 6, 1995.