Heather Horowitz is a partner at the firm’s New York office where she is a member of the real estate practice group. Heather specializes in real estate finance, including representing investment banks, private equity funds and other institutional lenders in the acquisition, origination, disposition and restructuring of mortgage and mezzanine construction, bridge, balance sheet and securitized loans secured by various asset classes throughout North America.
Prior to joining the firm Heather served as counsel at an international law firm where she gained extensive experience representing institutional clients in financing transactions, including senior and mezzanine lending, construction lending and preferred equity arrangements. Heather's clients have included private equity funds, foreign and domestic banks, investment banks and other institutional investors. Additionally, Heather has significant experience advising lenders and investors in connection with the financing and refinancing of loan facilities secured by hospitality and lodging portfolios.
- New York State Bar Association - Real Property Law Section
- American Bar Association, Section of Real Property, Trust & Estate Law
- Presenter, “Cross-Border Real Estate Transactions: Current U.S. Trends and Key Considerations for Overseas Investors,” K&L Gates Webinar (September 2023)
- Presenter, “When the Plan Goes Awry: Making the Best of Mortgage Modifications,” ABA Real Property, Trusts and Estates Section Spring National Conference (May 2023)
- Presenter, “Trouble at the Park Hotel: The Fictional Challenges of a Luxury Hotel Struggling to Stay Afloat and Avoid Foreclosure During a Global Pandemic,” ABA 33rd Annual RPTE Conference (April 2021)
- Presenter, “Not all Lenders Are the Same: What is a Nonbank Lender and What Difference Does It Make Anyway?,” ABA 33rd Annual RPTE Conference (April 2021)
- Speaker, “Distressed Real Estate and Loan Work Outs - Nuts and Bolts on Navigating Forbearance Negotiation and More,” American Bar Association CLE (February 2021)
- “Global Office Asset Trends,” The Real Estate Finance Journal, Fall 2023
- “NYC-PACE: Local Law 96, Local Law 97, and How C-PACE May Be Coming Into Its Own,” New York Law Journal, 19 June 2023
- “Intercreditor & Co-Lender Agreements: Post-Covid Impacts,” Bloomberg Law, 30 January 2023
- We Can Work It Out – A Pre-Negotiation Letter Agreement Primer, ABA RPTE eReport 2020 Fall Issue, 4 December 2020
- Tips For Prenegotiation Letter Agreements In Loan Workouts, Law360, 19 June 2020
- Hotel Sector Trends in 2016 and Beyond: Value and Risk Drivers, written with Yasaman Givi, published in CRE Finance World, 23 June, 2016