Helen B. Kim, a partner in the Los Angeles office, concentrates her practice in securities and other complex litigation. She is a member of the Securities and Transactional Litigation practice group.
Prior to joining the firm, Helen was a partner at an AmLaw 200 firm, where she served as vice co-chair of the business litigation practice group for six years. Focusing her practice on securities and other complex litigation, Helen is a first-chair trial lawyer representing public and private companies, as well as their directors, officers, and principal shareholders before the courts and in arbitration proceedings. She has successfully defended clients in multiple shareholder derivative suits, nationwide securities and commodities class actions, and related opt-out litigation, and guided companies and their officers through regulatory investigations.
Helen has been recognized as one of the most influential women lawyers (2017 - 2018) and most influential minority lawyers (2018) in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
- Los Angeles Business Journal - Most Influential Minority Attorneys in LA, 2018
- Los Angeles Business Journal - Most Influential Women Lawyers in LA, 2017 - 2018
- Listed in Southern California Super Lawyers, 2007, 2009 - 2020 (by Thomson Reuters)
- 25 Most Influential Women in Securities Law, Law360, 2016
- League of Women Voters of Los Angeles - Civic Leadership Award, 2014
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association - Women’s Leadership Award, 2012
- Los Angeles County Bar Association - Patricia Phillips Outstanding Committee Service Award, 2010
- Selected as one of the Top 100 California Women Attorneys by the Daily Journal, 2008 - 2010
- Korean American Association of Greater New York - Person of the Year Award, 2001
- American Bar Association Managing Director Designate of the Section of Litigation, 2020 - Present; Division Director of the Section of Litigation, 2018 - 2020; Chair, Commission on Racial and Ethnic Diversity in the Profession, 2018 - 2020; Former Chair, ABA Securities Litigation Committee, 2014 - 2018
- Korean American Coalition, Former Chair, 2014 - 2018
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Women Lawyers of Los Angeles Joint Task Force on the Retention and Promotion of Women in the Profession
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, Past President, 2008 - 2009
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, President, 2007 - 2008
- “How to Survive On-Campus Interviews” The Asian Pacific American Women Lawyers’ Alliance, 5 January 2021
- “2015 Roundtable Series: Securities” California Lawyer, January 2015
- “Meet the Women Rainmakers: Helen Kim” Law Practice Today: The Monthly Webzine of the ABA Law Practice Division, February 2013