Helene Gerhardt has been an attorney since 2015 and works in the Berlin office of K&L Gates in the areas of public procurement and antitrust law as well as in the fields of foreign trade, customs and state aid law. One focus of her practice is the comprehensive advice of bidders and public clients on public procurement law, both in connection with the design and monitoring of complex public procurement procedures and the representation in review proceedings. Helene also advises clients on all antitrust law issues, in particular in the area of merger control law, antitrust compliance, and the structuring of distribution.
Helene has been a member of the public procurement and antitrust team of K&L Gates since 2013 – she began as a professional support lawyer and is currently an associate. Prior to this, she worked for another international law firm as a research assistant in the public infrastructure industry group. She has just completed her doctoral thesis, which focuses on sustainability aspects of public procurement law.
Participation in the preparation of various lectures and courses, including:
- In-house public procurement and antitrust workshops for companies
- Master‘s Program Real Estate Law – WWU Münster, Module Public Procurement Law, University of Münster
- Specialist Lawyer Course for Public Procurement Law at Juristische Fachseminare
- Beckscher Onlinekommentar Vergaberecht, Gabriel/Mertens/Prieß/Stein (publishers), co-author, together with Dr. Annette Mutschler-Siebert
- VergabeR 2018, 675-677, Comment on the reference for a preliminary ruling by the Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf of March 7, 2018 (Case No. Verg 26/17), together with Dr. Annette Mutschler-Siebert
- NZBau 2019, 565 ff., Ascertainment of the legal requirements for self-cleaning under public procurement law; Comment on the ECJ’s decision of October 24, 2018 (Case No. C-124/17), together with Marion Baumann
Furthermore, Helene was often involved in the preparation of commentaries, comments and articles for professional journals, among others:
- Handbuch Vergaberecht, Gabriel/Krohn/Neun (publishers), 2nd edition 2017, Dr. Annette Mutschler-Siebert
- Beck’sches Formularbuch Vergaberecht, Prieß/Hausmann/Kulartz (publishers), 3rd edition 2018, Dr. Annette Mutschler-Siebert
- Juris-Praxiskommentar Vergaberecht, Heiermann/Zeiss/Summa (publishers), 5th edition 2016, Dr. Annette Mutschler-Siebert/Marion Baumann bzw. Dr. Annette Mutschler-Siebert/Dr. Dorian Dorschfeldt
- Praxishandbuch Public Private Partnership – Beck’sches PPP-Handbuch, Weber/Schäfer/Hausmann (Hrsg.), 2nd edition 2018, Dr. Annette Mutschler-Siebert
- VergabeR 2015, comment on the decision of the Higher regional Court of Berlin of 22.1.2015 – 2 U 14/14 Kart, S. 432-435, Dr. Annette Mutschler-Siebert/Dr. Dorian Dorschfeldt