Howard Chang is admitted to practice in Texas. He is not currently admitted in Pennsylvania.
Howard Chang is an associate at the firm’s Pittsburgh office. He is a member of the Investigations, Enforcement, and White Collar practice group as well as the Appellate Litigation practice group. In addition, his practice includes space law, engaging in transactional, regulatory, and policy work for aerospace and space industries.
Prior to joining the firm, Howard served as a law clerk for the Honorable Peter J. Phipps at the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and for the Honorable Reed C. O’Connor at the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas.
During law school, Howard worked at the Office of the Texas Solicitor General, the Senate Judiciary Committee, and the Department of Justice's Tax Division in its Criminal Enforcement and Appellate sections. He also worked at Secure World Foundation, where he researched issues on the Outer Space Treaty of 1967, the Principles Declaration of 1963, and various international and domestic agreements governing space-related activities. From his research, he was selected to present at the 2019 International Astronautical Congress as the lone United States representative in the International Institute of Space Law’s (IISL) Young Scholars session.
- Upcoming Space Law Presentation, The Pittsburgh Project (Spring 2022)
- “Federal Clerkship Panel,” Panelist, Georgetown Federalist Society (Sept. 2020)
- “A Treaty of Many Minds: An In-Depth Look at the Travaux Préparatoires of the Principles Declaration of 1963,” International Astronautical Congress (Oct. 2019)
- “All of the Space Law in 'The Martian' is Wrong,” Georgetown University Law Center (Apr. 2019)
- “Debate on the Outer Space Treaties,” George Washington University (Feb. 2019)
- “Human Papillomavirus, the Gender Indiscriminate Killer,” O'Neill Global Health Institute (Nov. 2018)
- “Apollo 8: The Mission that Changed the World,” Alliance Defending Freedom (Nov. 2018)
Howard also served as an Assistant Rugby Coach for Georgetown University’s Rugby Football Club. During that time, GURFC competed in USA Rugby’s top collegiate conference, winning two regional and two conference tournament championships.
- “A Treaty of Many Minds: An In-Depth Look at the Travaux Préparatoires of the Principles Declaration of 1963,” Proceedings of the International Institute of Space Law (2019)
- “50 Years Ago, Apollo 8 Soared To A Christmas Miracle For A Weary World,” The Federalist (12 Dec. 2018)