Jakem Marks is a lawyer in the corporate group with a focus on negotiated and unregulated mergers and acquisitions (M&A), commercial contracting and corporate advisory. He works across the private equity team as well as the public capital markets team.
Jakem joined K&L Gates in 2019 as a seasonal clerk and then commenced the K&L Gates graduate program in March 2020. He was admitted as a lawyer in December 2020. As part of his graduate program, he worked in the Restructuring & Insolvency (Commercial Litigation), Real Estate and Corporate M&A teams.
Prior to joining K&L Gates, Jakem was a Taxation Consultant at ShineWing Australia in the Corporate Tax team. He has also worked in various roles which include as an intern for a Singaporean consumer to consumer marketplace app and as a logistics supervisor in the manufacturing and importing industry.
- Law Institute of Victoria, member
- Former Paralegal Volunteer, West Heidelberg Community Legal Centre (2 years)
- Former Representative, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (2 years)
- Former Board Member, Deakin University Department of Accounting Advisory Board (3 years)
- Former Committee Member and President, Deakin Commerce Society (4 years)