James Douglass is an energy lawyer delivering complex high value projects for clients in many different market and legal environments particularly in emerging markets. He has deep experience in Asia, Africa, Russia, Central Asia, Turkey, the Middle East, the CEE, and Latin America/Caribbean. Through his time living and working in Asia, he has developed an understanding of the requirements of Asian investors in their global energy projects.
James' practice primarily focuses on power (conventional and renewables), Oil & Gas (LNG, upstream, midstream, downstream), infrastructure, and resources. In addition, James has substantial experience advising on project finance and other structured lending and on project contracts/EPC, M&A, and shareholders joint venture arrangements.
- APLMA (Asia-Pacific Loan Market Association) Project Finance Committee
- AMPLA (Australian Mineral and Petroleum Lawyers Association)
- Financing LNG Projects, Author, AMPLA Yearbook, 2011Financing LNG Projects, Chapter in “Liquefied Natural Gas”, Global Law and Business, 2nd and 3rd edition (2012 and 2017)
- The Year of the Special Situation, Energy Update, March 2019
- A Year of Change for Worldwide Energy, Energy Update, 2020
- Presentation on financing of LNG projects, AMPLA Conference Melbourne, Australia, 2011
- Floating LNG projects, Practical Law Company, 2020
- Practical Law publication on Floating LNG, 2020