James Bradley is a partner based in Singapore focused in advising on a variety of transactions in the transportation and finance sectors.
His experience has been gained through time as external and in-house counsel in roles based in Asia and Europe advising leading financial institutions, aircraft and engine lessors, airlines, other stakeholders, and shipowners on a variety of transactions.
He is experienced at advising on various aspects of financing, leasing, and restructuring across a variety of jurisdictions in relation to aircraft, engines, and corporate jets. He has extensive experience of transactions in the transportation and finance sectors in Asia and has worked in the region since 1996.
James has in-field experience in the PRC with the UNIDO programme office during the initial absorption of Clean Development Mechanisms into the European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (EUETS). He has extensive knowledge of the Emissions Reduction Purchase Agreements and has advised private project entities in the PRC and Indonesia. Furthermore, in connection with the airline industry's proposed 2012 entry into the EUETS regulatory scheme, he was involved actively in lobbying at UK and EU levels on their behalf as well as acting as their project manager to ensure their compliance with legislation.
Prior to joining the firm, James practiced law in the Singapore office of a reputable international law firm.
- Recognised by Chambers & Partners as one of the leading lawyers in the Aviation: Finance - Singapore and Asia Pacific categories
- Recognised by Singapore Business Review as one of “Singapore's most influential lawyers aged 40 and under”.
- Recognised by the Legal 500 as one of the prestigious “Next Generation” of lawyers within the aviation sector.
- Recognised by IFLR1000 as a Leading Lawyer in Aviation
- Recognised by Chambers & Partners for his experience in the environmental sphere especially in relation to EU emissions trading.
- Led the Aviation team to win the Aviation Law Firm of the Year award at the Asian Legal Business (ALB) SE Asia Law Awards 2020.
- Recognised by Expert Guides 2021 Edition as an “Expert” in aviation.
- Leading Lawyer in Aviation, Corporate Jet Investor
James has published various articles within the aviation industry; recent subjects have included:
- Free Trade Zones in the PRC
- Hong Kong as a new hub for aviation lessors
- Airline passenger protection in the PRC