James Clyne is a corporate and sports lawyer of more than 15 years' experience. He has a focus on public and private mergers & acquisitions, whether by bid, scheme of arrangement or private treaty. He also works across capital markets, whether initial public offers, recapitalisations or equity raising. He advises clients in respect of their corporate governance duties, foreign investment advice and is experienced in acting for clients experiencing contested shareholder meetings, shareholder activism, and before the Takeovers Panel.
James works for clients across the resources industry, agribusiness, renewables, commodities and financial sectors as well as sports organisations and administrators, and heads up the firm's Australian COVID-19 Taskforce.
Prior to joining K&L Gates, James was a managing associate at a global top tier law firm.
- Law Society of Western Australia, Member
- Australia & New Zealand Sports Lawyers Association, Member
- Australian Mining & Petroleum Lawyers Association, Member
- FootballWest Disciplinary Tribunal, Tribunal Member
- Curtin Ignition Program 2020, Curtin University, Mentor