Jennifer Degotardi is a real estate lawyer with a particular focus on the government sector and the financial services sector. She has broad experience in real estate issues pertaining to transport infrastructure projects and also advises her diverse government clients on all types of contracts involving real estate, including statutory land acquisition processes, land access and title issues and property development.
Jennifer's clients benefit from her efficient and effective management of their legal matters, covering the range of sales and acquisitions, due diligence, property development, management and leasing. In drafting transaction documents, she focuses on succinct and plain language which has proven to avoid ambiguities and minimise disputes. Jennifer actively seeks opportunities to provide advice to her clients in a visual format to enhance understanding of the advice and meet the business needs of her clients.
Jennifer also recognises the increasing importance of technology in the delivery of legal services and works closely with her clients to identify and deliver efficient technological solutions.
Prior to joining the firm, Jennifer was a partner in a leading national law firm.
- Chambers Asia Pacific, ranked individual in Real Estate - Australia (2020-present)
- Chambers Asia-Pacific, ranked team for Real Estate - Australia Band 5 (2019-present)
- Best Lawyers in Australia, listed in Real Property Law (2014-present)
- Doyles Guide, recognised as Leading Lawyer for Property & Real Estate - NSW (2019-present)
- Doyles Guide, recognised as Leading Lawyer for Leasing - NSW (2019-present)
- Best Lawyers in Australia, recognised as Best Lawyer for Real Property Law (2018)
- The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific, recognised in Real Estate (2018)
- Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Degotardi has also been ranked as a Leading Real Estate and Property Lawyer in Legal 500 Asia-Pacific
- Property Council of Australia, member
- Certified Legal Project Manager
- Sponsor in the Property Council of Australia's '500 Women in Property' initiative (2018)
- K&L Gates Innovation Committee, member
- "Climate Change in Real Estate Transactions", Environmental Planning Lawyers Association National Conference, October 2018