Jessica Nutt is an associate in the firm’s Seattle office where she is a member of the technology transactions and data protection group. She focuses on current and emerging intellectual property issues; drafting website and product terms and privacy policies; technology licensing, including advising on and drafting commercial transactions; counseling on data handling for software and infrastructure product development; and advising on U.S. and European privacy regulation.
Jessica’s experience includes the following:
- Advising on music licensing copyright issues for public performance and recording, both in digital and live format; clearing intellectual property for an indie documentary film, performing trademark clearance and advising clients on trademark viability, registering copyrights;
- Drafting proposed biometric data legislation for Washington State, advising clients on U.S. biometric data issues for product development, advising on software product development of cloud media and streaming media content delivery, drafting licenses for “software on chip” on hardware implementation; and
- Supporting telecommunications and SMS messaging software licensing businesses, drafting and advising telecommunications clients on volume commercial transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Jessica served as legal counsel for a global software company, where she reviewed and drafted technology transfer licenses, involving trade secrets, copyright, patent, and trademarks. She counseled various divisions on software development as well as handling data privacy issues. In addition, she evaluated and advised on trademark viability and enforced trademark and copyright rights along with unfair business practices claims. Jessica also has experience in litigation and, prior to practicing law, in manufacture, marketing, and regulating cosmetic and over-the-counter cosmetic goods.
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award Winner, Advanced Copyright
- Member of Ancora Board of Directors, Member-at-Large
- Member of Washington State Bar Association
- Member of King County Bar Association