Joanna Treacy is special counsel at the firm’s London office. She is a member of the investment management, hedge funds and alternative investments practice group. She has twenty years experience advising the asset management industry.
Joanna has broad and comprehensive legal experience gained in both private practice and in house counsel roles with industry leaders including Invesco, Investec Asset Management, and BNP Paribas Securities Services.
She has also worked in leading offshore law firms advising on the establishment, authorization, and management of hedge funds in Bermuda and the Cayman Islands.
- Advising on the establishment and ongoing maintenance of UCITS in Ireland and Luxembourg.
- Advising on the establishment, authorisation and management of hedge funds in Bermuda and the Cayman Islands.
- Advising investment management companies and securities service providers on the impact of AIFMD, UCITS V and MIFID.
- Advising on a wide variety of transactions relating to fund distributors, fund representative service providers, investment managers, brokers, depositaries, custodians, and fund administrators.
- Managing and advising on various cross border legal projects such as the acquisition of a hedge fund administration services provider and the sale of a private client business.
- Putting in place harmonised contractual arrangements and regulatory standards for asset managers and securities services operations across jurisdictions for fund distribution services, fund representative services, global custody services and depositary services.