Joanne Hepburn represents clients in high-stakes intellectual property and commercial litigation matters in state and federal court. Her practice focuses on protecting her clients’ confidential information, trade secrets, and intellectual property rights. She regularly advises clients on the enforceability of post-employment restrictions, including non-compete and non-solicitation obligations. She has successfully tried cases to verdict, and has substantial experience in temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction hearings.
Prior to attending law school, Joanne worked as a DJ at several radio stations in the Midwest. She was also a DJ on KEXP, 90.3FM, in Seattle. She was a summer associate at Preston Gates & Ellis LLP in 2001.
- Recognized as a Washington “Rising Star” (2012).
- Washington State Bar Association Pro Bono Award (2011).
- Preston Gates & Ellis Jim Ellis Award (2005), awarded for outstanding pro bono service in the representation of a death row inmate.
- Washington State Bar Association
- Mother Attorneys Mentoring Association of Seattle, Board Member, 2009-2013
- Mother Attorneys Mentoring Association, U.S.A., Board Member, 2013-2017