Joelle Salame is an associate in the firm’s Doha office and a member of the Corporate practice. She focuses her practice on corporate and commercial matters.
Joelle received her Master of Law in General Legal Studies from Georgetown University Law Center and her Bachelor’s Degree in Law from Lebanese University. Joelle is admitted to the Beirut Bar.
Prior to joining the firm, Joelle served as a corporate associate in the Doha office of a global law firm, where she gained experience advising companies in commercial operations. In this role, Joelle was the lead associate on major transactions such as multi-jurisdictional restructuring of big retail company, project financing for the biggest solar power project in Doha, and other local and regional transactions and restructuring. She was also the lead associate on employment matters in particular and civil law matters in general. Namely, she advised clients on Qatar law (and Qatar Financial Centre) aspects in relation to corporate governance, review of internal policies, data protection, employment, consumer protection, telecommunication, cross-border activities, company establishment, and other. She also acted as a part-time Qatar local counsel for Qatari private shareholding company specialized in sports investments in conjunction with the law firm’s Doha office.
- Recognized by The Legal 500 EMEA as a Rising Star for Commercial, corporate and M&A in Qatar (2023)
- Co-author, "Qatar, Public Procurement," Legal 500, 27 January 2021
- Author, "Global Employment Lawyer, Global Employment & Labor Quarterly Review, Issue 1 – January 2021," Dentons
- Co-author, “Blowing the Whistle," Lexis Middle East HR Alert by Lexis Nexis, September 2021
- Co-author, “The Employment Standards Office at the Qatar Financial Centre," Lexis Middle East HR Alert by Lexis Nexis, September 2021