Whit McGreevy is an associate at the firm’s Charleston office. He is a member of the economic incentives and the labor, employment and workplace safety practice groups. Whit assists clients seeking economic development incentives, counsels employers and litigates complex commercial disputes and product liability actions.
Prior to joining the firm, Whit served as a law clerk to the Honorable Patrick Michael Duffy. During his clerkship, he gained experience drafting orders, bench memoranda, and jury charges in civil and criminal cases, and assisted Judge Duffy during trials, motion hearings, and complex mediations. Whit also previously worked as a summer law clerk in the legal department of an international manufacturing company in the automotive industry.
- South Carolina Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Star of the Quarter, 2016, 2018
- CALI Awards: Legal Research and Writing, Federal Courts, and Fourth Circuit Practice
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Professional Development Committee, South Carolina Bar Association Young Lawyers Division
- Senior Warden, Church of the Good Shepherd
- French American Chamber of Commerce
- South Carolina Economic Developers Association
- National Business Institute: Legal Issues in Recruiting and Hiring, November 2019
- E4Carolinas Emerging Leaders Group: Carolinas’ Energy Industry and Business Attraction, October 2019