Joshua Skora is a partner in the firm’s Dallas office, where he is a member of the health care & FDA practice group. His national practice focuses on representation of public and closely-held health care companies, such as durable medical equipment suppliers and manufacturers, pharmacies, home health and hospice agencies, home infusion providers, ambulatory surgical centers, laboratories, diagnostic testing facilities, telemedicine providers, behavioral health and substance abuse providers, skilled nursing facilities, long term care facilities, and other ancillary health care providers.
Joshua acts as outside general counsel for the majority of his clients, and collaborates with attorneys throughout the firm to address any client need throughout the United States and around the world. Clients trust his advice because he understands business and litigation risk, the health care regulatory landscape, and that regulatory issues are rarely black and white.
He counsels clients on complex corporate and regulatory issues and disputes, including fraud, waste and abuse, compliance, contracting, reimbursement, Medicare/Medicaid enrollment, overpayment audits and appeals, internal investigations, payor disputes, and investigations by federal and state governmental bodies.
Joshua also maintains an active transactional practice, representing clients on acquisitions, sales, corporate reorganizations and joint ventures.
Prior to joining the firm, Joshua was a health care lawyer at a firm with a national practice. In addition, he formerly served as general counsel for a Minneapolis based medical device manufacturer. Joshua was named as one of the “Best Lawyers in Dallas” in 2020 and 2021 by D Magazine.
- Ranked in Chambers USA for Healthcare in Texas, 2021
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Secretary, Trustee, The Legacy Senior Communities, Inc.
- District Enrollment Director, Dartmouth College
- “Operation Brace Yourself: Lessons Learned from the Trenches and Best Practices to Avoid Investigations Predicated on Third-Party Malfeasance,” Medtrade Advisory Board, Atlanta, GA, October 22, 2018
- Quoted, "All OIG Claim Denials From a Vent Audit Are Overturned; OIG National Audit Is Underway," Report on Medicare Compliance, 30 January 2023