Josh Spry is a senior associate in the firm's Perth office. His focus is on project developments and commodity trading and supply arrangements, energy procurement strategies, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and joint ventures. Josh works in a range of sectors, but has particular experience in oil and gas, LNG, renewables, power and hydrogen.
As part of his projects work, Josh has drafted and negotiated project agreements, joint venture agreements, operation and maintenance agreements, offtake agreements, tolling agreements, feedstock arrangements and ancillary project documentation. He has also advised on a wide range of energy M&A, including acquisitions and disposals (both share and asset), farm-ins and joint ventures.
Prior to joining K&L Gates Josh worked at an international law firm in Tokyo, Japan and Perth, Australia. During his time in Japan, Josh also worked as secondee legal counsel at a major Japanese oil and gas company and at a Japanese trading house.
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators, member
- Panelist, "Hydrogen in Chile," Rice University, 12 March 2021
- "Takeaways for Liquid Hydrogen From the Global Liquefied Natural Gas Trade," Bloomberg Law, 2 December 2020
- "Fishing for genuine disputes: Drawing the line between spurious and genuine claims under s459H of the Corporations Act," SAI Global Corporate Law Bulletin No. 190, 27 June 2013
- "Barclays Bank plc  NWESC 1095 – Some Guidance Regarding Extensions Of Time For Registration Under the PPSA", 3 October 2012