Kat Miller focuses her practice on investment funds, investment managers, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance. She advises domestic and offshore private fund managers as well as institutional investors regarding investments in hedge, private equity, venture capital and other hybrid funds. She assists investment managers form funds, including master-feeder fund structures in the U.S. and overseas, and helps them to navigate complex regulatory requirements, including compliance with securities laws, SEC and CFTC rules and the Investment Advisers Act. Kat’s corporate practice includes all stages of a company’s life cycle, from formation to the sale of the business. She has represented numerous businesses of various sizes regarding corporate governance, commercial contracting issues and mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to joining K&L Gates, Kat was an associate in the corporate and investment funds and adviser departments at a law firm in San Francisco.
- Board Member and Secretary, Portland Alternative Investment Association
- Member, Washington, California and Oregon State Bar Associations
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, 100 Women in Finance
- Member, Water Environment Services Advisory Committee for Clackamas County
- Volunteer of the Year - Corporate Award, Women’s Business Enterprise Council Pacific, January 2021
- Secretary and Steering Committee Member, Association of Women in Alternative Investing, 2014-2017
- Volunteer Supervising Attorney, University of California Hastings College of the Law Startup Legal Garage, 2015-2017
- Committee Member, EMI Foundation, a nonprofit specializing in alternative dispute resolution education, 2015-2017
- Co-author, Family Investment Companies chapter of Business Succession Planning: Strategies for California Estate Planners and Business Attorneys, Continuing Education of the Bar (2016)