Katrin Schröder is a counsel at K&L Gates. She is a member of the Restructuring and Insolvency practice group. Katrin advises companies on all questions of insolvency law as well as in the area of restructuring and M&A. In addition, she has many years of experience in self-administration proceedings for the purpose of restructuring through insolvency plan proceedings (ESUG).
Katrin Schröder joined K&L Gates in September 2021. She studied law in Berlin and Heidelberg. Before joining K&L Gates, Katrin worked for leading German law firms with focus on insolvency and restructuring.
- "Better now than too late - How can self-administration and protective shield proceedings be used to save a company?", online event held by Zukunftsallianz Maschinenbau, 27 October 2020 (available in German)
- Member of Arbeitskreis für Insolvenzwesen Köln e.V.
- "Significance of an investor process and a company valuation for the settlement calculation in the insolvency plan", ZInsO 2019, 711 (together with Martin Rekers) (available in German, only)
- "Involvement of auxiliary persons in insolvency proceedings in self-administration", ZInsO 2018, 2626 (available in German, only)
- "Information and cooperation obligations of the managing director in self-administration and insolvency plan proceedings", ZInsO 2018, 2124 (available in German, only)
- "No obligation of the debtor in self-administration to dual-track process", ZInsO 2018, 668 (available in German, only)
- "May the debtor be left with an economic value after the insolvency plan?", ZInsO 2017, 1769 (available in German, only)
- "Rights and Liability Risks of the Managing Director and the Interim Administrator for VAT Liabilities in the Interim Self-Administration Proceedings", ZInsO 2017, 905 (gemeinsam mit Robert Buchalik und Martin Rekers) (available in German, only)
- "Tax court confirms the relevance of the so-called consent solution under insolvency law", ZInsO 2017, 862 (available in German, only)
- "Criteria for determining appropriate remuneration in self-administration", ZInsO 2016, 2031 (together with Robert Buchalik) (available in German, only)
- "Tax liabilities in provisional self-administration are not liabilities of the insolvency estate", ZInsO 2016, 2025 (together with Robert Buchalik) (available in German, only)
- "The comparative calculation between the continuation costs in (provisional) self-administration and in regular insolvency proceedings - squaring the circle?", ZInsO 2016, 1445 (together with Robert Buchalik and Hartmut Ibershoff) (available in German, only)
- "Can the debtor in self-administration be obliged to initiate and finance an M&A process even against its will?", ZInsO 2016, 189 (gemeinsam mit Robert Buchalik) (available in German, only)
- "Without rights in insolvency plan proceedings? On the Lack of Legal Protection for Subordinated Creditors in Disputes about the Expected Excess Proceeds", ZInsO 2014, 2069 (available in German, only)
- Europe’s Female Rising Star, 2021
- "Pimkie Germany: Insolvency plan accepted" (available in German, only)
- "K&L Gates advises Orsay GmbH in its protective shield proceedings" (available in German, only)