Klayton Hiland is an associate at the firm’s Fort Worth office. He is a member of the Oil and Gas practice group.
Prior to joining the firm, Klayton was an associate at a regionally based litigation firm that handles trials, appeals, and arbitration. While there, Klayton worked on insurance coverage, commercial litigation, copyright infringement, legal malpractice, health care liability, and insurance defense cases. He also researched and drafted communications to state officials advocating legislative and executive action to limit liability of health care workers responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
While in law school, Klayton completed internships with Chief Justice Hecht of the Supreme Court of Texas and the Honorable Judge Sidney A. Fitzwater of the Northern District of Texas. He also wrote for the SMU Law Review Association and served as a Staff Editor and Texas Survey Associate Managing Editor.
- State Bar of Texas Oil, Gas and Energy Resource Law Section Award Winner Fall 2017
- Justice James A. Baker Memorial Clerkship Recipient
- State Bar of Texas Pro Bono College 2017
- "Does Workers Compensation Cover COVID-19?, COVID-19: The Highs & Lows for the Insurance Industry," Cooper & Scully, P.C., 29 October 2020
- "War And (Labor) Peace: How LAX And the Ninth Circuit Changed The Rules Of Engagement For Airline Services Providers And Organized Labor", 83 J. Air L. & Com. 145, 2018.
- "Make Airlines Great Again: Why Bankruptcy Went From A Dirty Word To A Strategy, And A Proposal To Bring It Back", 83 J. Air L. & Com. 643, 2018.
- "Covid-19 and Workers Compensation: Coverage and Considerations", Cooper & Scully, P.C., 2020.