Ms. Stewart practices in the corporate, transactional and securities areas. Ms. Stewart’s transactional practice involves matters for public companies, including mergers, acquisitions, transactions among parent and subsidiary corporations, and preparation of related securities disclosure documentation, and matters for privately held companies, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and restructurings. She has extensive experience as counsel to issuers in public and private securities offerings, including initial public offerings, debt and equity offerings and exchange offers. She has represented companies in a variety of industries such as transit and freight rail, electrical distribution, coatings, glass, chemicals, steel, metals, financial institutions, oil and gas, education, publishing, health care and water and wastewater engineering. She has advised corporate clients with respect to securities compliance matters, corporate governance, business planning, and defensive planning and structuring, including the implementation of shareholders rights plans and other defensive devices.
Ms. Stewart is also a founding faculty member of the firm’s mini-MBA program, an innovative professional development training program designed to orient associates to key business concepts that are integral to our clients’ business success.
- BTI Client Service All-Star Award, 2015 and 2018.
- Leadership Pittsburgh, Inc., Board of Directors and Chair of Governance Committee (former member)
- North Hills Community Outreach, Board of Directors (former member)
- Fisa Foundation, Board of Directors (former member)
- Allegheny Bar Association (Corporate, Commercial and Banking Section)
- American Bar Association (Business Law Section)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association (Corporate, Banking and Business Law Section)
- Speaker, 18th Midyear SEC Reporting Forum, presented by The SEC Institute, Washington, D.C., June 16-17, 2003 and New York, June 26-27, 2003.
- Contributing Author, “Securities Practice Guide,” published by Lexis/Nexis, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017 editions.