Laura Musselman is an associate in the firm’s Charleston office, where her practice focuses on white collar investigations and defense and complex commercial litigation. Laura has experience representing companies and individuals before the U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and Public Company Accounting Oversight Board in connection with civil and criminal investigations. She handles all phases of internal and governmental investigations, including initial case assessment, conducting witness interviews, managing and overseeing document review and production, assessing internal and external risks, and presenting findings to clients and government regulators. Laura also assists clients with diverse business litigation matters, handling all phases of civil litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Laura served as an associate at a global law firm in Washington, D.C., where she conducted complex Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, False Claims Act, and healthcare investigations. She also drafted and advised clients on anti-corruption compliance policies. In addition, Laura helped clients assess risk in connection with FCA qui tam complaints and new U.S. Food & Drug Administration regulations. Laura represented clients from the hospitality, pharmaceutical, financial, automotive, healthcare, accounting services, insurance, and education industries. She also represented pro bono clients in immigration and custody matters.
While enrolled at the University of Virginia School of Law, Laura was a legal extern for the Office of the Federal Public Defender for the Western District of Virginia.
- Darla Moore School of Business Young Alumni Board
- French-American Chamber of Commerce of the Carolinas
- Federal Bar Association, South Carolina Chapter
- Participant, Charleston Chamber of Commerce Metro Leadership Visits (2018 & 2019)
- Society 1858, Gibbes Museum of Art
- Palmer Club, Charleston Gaillard Center
- Spoleto SCENE Member
- Pet Helpers, Volunteer
- Speaker, “Getting Back to Business: Essential Tips for Appropriate CARES Act Funds Usage,” Asian American Hotel Owners Association Webinar (July 2020)
- Speaker, “Collateral Consequences & Proceedings of Health Care Fraud,” South Carolina Bar Health Care Fraud & Collateral Consequences Seminar (November 2019)
- Speaker, “Conducting Internal Investigations: What In-House Counsel Needs to Know,” Association of Corporate Counsel, South Carolina Chapter Midyear Meeting (May 2019)
- "Insurance Coverage Basics for Cyber Risks," South Carolina Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel, 23 August 2019