Luke is an associate in the New York office, where he has worked for his entire career. Since summering with the firm after his 1L year, Luke has developed a unique practice that reflects the many strengths of the K&L Gates platform. Luke divides his time between representing clients in high stakes dispute resolution, providing a litigation perspective to transactional teams across the firm, and helping early stage companies navigate the many unpredictable challenges that come their way.
Luke’s dispute resolution practice spans many different forums, and Luke has advised or represented clients before the American Arbitration Association, JAMS, the London Court of International Arbitration, the International Chamber of Commerce, the New York state and federal courts, the Southern District of Florida, the Central District of California, the District of New Jersey, the District of Columbia, the D.C. Circuit, the Northern District of Illinois, and the Texas Supreme Court. Luke increasingly focuses on high stakes international disputes, either in arbitration or in assisting international clients navigate the U.S. court systems. While he advises clients across all industries, Luke focuses on energy and maritime disputes, intellectual property arbitrations and litigations, and all manner of issues relating to arbitrability and enforcement. Luke has twice been recognized as a “Rising Star” by Legal 500 USA.
That diverse practice also enables Luke to assist colleagues in advising clients at every stage of transactions. His recent work includes litigation diligence for major acquisitions, guidance to international LNG clients as to their termination rights and the likely outcome of a potential dispute, and assistance negotiating an endorsement deal on behalf of a new tequila brand. Similarly, Luke relies on the deep wealth of experience across the K&L Gates platform to assist his friends and clients in the startup and venture space. Representative clients include a family office, high net worth individuals, and numerous early stage companies. He routinely helps identify the best lawyers to provide a wide range of services, including intellectual property procurement, employment advice, and contract review.
Consistent with the K&L Gates ethos, Luke also prioritizes pro bono work to underserved communities, with an emphasis on helping children in need. He is currently assisting two children obtain their green cards with guidance from Kids in Need of Defense, and he regularly advises an elementary school in Miami’s Overtown neighborhood on all of their legal needs.
- Selected as a “Rising Star” in the area of “Transport: Shipping - Litigation and Regulation by Legal 500 USA, 2020
- “Fighting for Online Privacy with Digital Weaponry: Combating Revenge Pornography,” Vol. 26, No. 2, published by the New York State Bar Association, Summer 2015
- "Supreme Court Rules that Aereo's TV-Over-the-Internet Service Violates Copyright Act," European Competition Law Review, June 2014
- Mentioned, "Romania Says It Already Paid Swedish Food Investors' Award," Appellate Law360, Food & Beverage Law360, and International Arbitration Law360, 19 May 2021
- Mentioned, "Court Erred By Ruling Payment In Romania Didn't Satisfy Award, D.C. Circuit Told," Mealey's Litigation Procedure, 18 May 2021