Luke Westmore has over 17 years' experience in complex energy and infrastructure projects.
In addition to his expertise in drafting and negotiating EPC agreements, power purchase agreements, connection agreements and operation and maintenance agreements, he has extensively advised on non-recourse or limited recourse project finance documentation.
His clients include sponsors, lenders, contractors and government agencies on a wide variety of energy and infrastructure projects including wind farms, solar projects, hydroelectric projects, power stations, highways, airports and the development of oil and gas fields across Australia, Africa, Asia, Europe, the United States and the Middle East.
Luke has extensive experience in the renewable energy sector and is acknowledged as one of Australia’s leading renewable energy lawyers.
Prior to joining the firm, Luke was a partner and special counsel in leading global and national law firms. He has also been a general counsel at a leading Australian renewable energy developer and has advised on many landmark renewable energy deals in Australia and internationally across a broad range of technologies.
- Doyles Guide, recognised as a Leading Energy & Resources Lawyer – Victoria (2021)
- Best Lawyers in Australia, listed in Construction and Infrastructure Law (2021-present)
- Best Lawyers in Australia, listed in Energy Law (2021-present)
- Chambers Asia Pacific, recognised Partner for Infrastructure (2019)
- The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, recommended lawyer for Project Development (2018)
- Lawyers Weekly 'Partner of the Year Projects, Energy and Resources' finalist (2017)
- Australasian Lawyer 'Hotlist' (2016)
- Law Institute of Victoria
Luke regularly speaks at conferences and conducts client workshops. Examples of recent speaking engagements include:
- An Overview of Investment Drivers in the Australian Wind Industry, AWEA Windpower Conference, May 20-23, 2019
- Japan Overseas Institute 2018: Key Issues for Offshore Wind Power
- International Project Finance Association 2017: Renewable Energy Projects Negotiation Workshop.
- Australian Clean Energy Summit 2016: Solar Financing
- Australian Wind Energy Conference 2012: Overview of the South African Renewable Energy Program