Lysondra Ludwig is admitted to practice in California and New York. She is not currently admitted in Washington.
Lysondra Ludwig is counsel in the firm’s Seattle office and a member of the Real Estate practice, with a specific focus on regulatory matters. She works on a range of real estate transactional matters, with a focus on agriculture and agribusiness matters and natural resource investment activities.
Her background in tax structuring allows her to provide unique insight with respect to regulatory regimes addressing beneficial ownership. As such, many of her matters involve foreign investment in U.S. real assets, and advising clients on federal and state laws related to foreign and corporate ownership regulations and aiding clients with their AFIDA and state-analogous disclosure filings. In addition to transactional compliance, she aids clients in identifying and complying with applicable reporting guidelines and forming risk mitigation strategies for ongoing awareness of the evolving regulatory landscape. This includes advising clients with respect to real estate portfolio management matters, including audits of existing assets for compliance, and annual compliance monitoring for real property located in jurisdictions with annual filing obligations.
Prior to joining the firm, Lysondra served as an associate with the corporate and tax practices of a leading California law firm, where she focused her practice on individual investors, entrepreneurs, and private corporate clients. Her experience includes advising clients in investments and divestment, joint ventures, renewable energy project development, and real estate and venture funds.
- Named to Northern California Rising Stars, Business Transactions, 2020
- Listed in the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America, Tax Law, 2020
- Battery Energy Storage Systems Integrated in Solar Facilities to Receive Tax Incentives, PV Magazine, September 15, 2020
- Unpacking California Solar Taxation: What To Know During Development, Solar Industry Magazine, September 19, 2019
- Availability of the Welfare and Other Property Tax Exemptions in Real Property Leasing Transactions, California Real Property Law Journal/California Tax Lawyer (Vol.37, No. 3), 2019
- Legal ins and outs of 'opportunity zones' — so far, North Bay Business Journal, May 22, 2019
- The Unwind: 'I Don't Want It', Tax Notes, September 12, 2016
- Renewable Power Facilities: Placed-in-Service Issues, Tax Notes, May 23, 2016
- Final Regulations Addressing the Issue Price of Debt Issued for Property and in Reopenings, ABA PUCAT Law Section, Fall Report 2012 (co-authored with Rany Clarke)